X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanoi Jane

Hanoi Jane is demanding FCC hand her Rush Limbaugh's head on a platter. Does anyone . . . outside the brainwashed leftwing . . . really listen to Hanoi Jane?

Rumor had it that Hanoi Jane had become a Christian about 10 years ago, but her actions do not show a change.
    Hanoi baby is still a Left-Winger!

Comment

As a Vietnam veteran (1967-1968) it took me a long time to come to terms with Jane Fonda’s behavior in 1972, when she was photographed in Hanoi seated at an anti-aircraft weapon. I hated her, thought of her as a traitor; but as the years went by I learned forgiveness, and found some things out that made me realize I may have been wrong about her.

In her 2005 autobiography, she wrote that she was manipulated into sitting at that anti-aircraft weapon; and was horrified at the implications of the pictures. She had so much regret about that incident. Here are her words:

“Here is my best, honest recollection of what happened: someone (I don't remember who) led me towards the gun, and I sat down, still laughing, still applauding. It all had nothing to do with where I was sitting. I hardly even thought about where I was sitting. The cameras flashed ... It is possible that it was a set up, that the Vietnamese had it all planned. I will never know. But if they did I can't blame them. The buck stops here. If I was used, I allowed it to happen ... a two-minute lapse of sanity that will haunt me forever ... But the photo exists, delivering its message regardless of what I was doing or feeling. I carry this heavy in my heart. I have apologized numerous times for any pain I may have caused servicemen and their families because of this photograph. It was never my intention to cause harm.”

She apologized for her behavior and the things she said in a 1988 interview with Barbara Walters, expressing regret:

“I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families. [...] I will go to my grave regretting the photograph of me in an anti-aircraft gun, which looks like I was trying to shoot at American planes. It hurt so many soldiers. It galvanized such hostility. It was the most horrible thing I could possibly have done. It was just thoughtless.”

For those of you who are Christian, I would remind you of what your savior taught his disciples: “For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

“Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.”

Just a thought from a non-Christian veteran who has come to know forgiveness.

Comment

May I laugh? Hanoi Jane is demanding Rush Limbaugh's head on a platter and we are told not to "judge" hanoi Jane. Hilarious!!

Comment

The misogyny Rush Limbaugh spewed over Sandra Fluke wasn’t any worse than his regular sexist, racist and homophobic hate speech. He called the women on Obama’s cabinet “sex-retaries,” said that the NAACP “should have riot rehearsal and buy a liquor store so they can practice robberies.” Limbaugh said that the National Organization for Women is “a bunch of whores to liberalism,” and told an African American woman to “take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”

Rush Limbaugh has a history of degrading women, people of color, lesbians and gays, immigrants, the disabled, the elderly, Muslims, Jews, veterans, and environmentalists.

This guy promotes language that deliberately dehumanizes his targets. He creates rhetorical frames -- and the bigger the lie the more effective -- inciting listeners to view people they disagree with as sub-humans. His long-time favorite word for women is “femi-Nazi” doesn’t even raise eyebrows anymore, an example of how rhetoric spreads when unchallenged.

Limbaugh addicts his audience to regular doses of hate speech.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/10/opinio...inem-limbaugh/

Comment

Originally posted by dodge View Post
            The misogyny Rush Limbaugh spewed over Sandra Fluke wasn’t any worse than his regular sexist, racist and homophobic hate speech. He called the women on Obama’s cabinet “sex-retaries,” said that the NAACP “should have riot rehearsal and buy a liquor store so they can practice robberies.” Limbaugh said that the National Organization for Women is “a bunch of whores to liberalism,” and told an African American woman to “take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”

Rush Limbaugh has a history of degrading women, people of color, lesbians and gays, immigrants, the disabled, the elderly, Muslims, Jews, veterans, and environmentalists.

This guy promotes language that deliberately dehumanizes his targets. He creates rhetorical frames -- and the bigger the lie the more effective -- inciting listeners to view people they disagree with as sub-humans. His long-time favorite word for women is “femi-Nazi” doesn’t even raise eyebrows anymore, an example of how rhetoric spreads when unchallenged.

Limbaugh addicts his audience to regular doses of hate speech.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/10/opinio...inem-limbaugh/
            And the Obamanites who referred to Sarah Palin's Down Syndrome child as a retard are little darlings. Unfortunately I agree with Rush Limbaugh. A slut is someone who is paid for sex. Of course, I speak English so that does cause a problem for the leftwing. As for NOW, like Hanoi Jane, I can not imagine anyone other than a brainwashed leftwinger who would listen to them. The phrase . . . Bill Clinton . . . speaks volumnes of that group. As for racism, Obama is doing a good job of that himself. Africian-Americans for Obama is an excellent example of racism in action. As I said before . . . picture "whites" for _____________(name a candid).

Comment

The thing is, Cowshut, we can easily reference the homophobic, misogynistic, and racist things that Rush Limbaugh has said by directly quoting him. You say that “Obamanites” said something about Sarah Palin’s child. Can you give me specific names associated with specific quotes, references, sources? You’re essentially saying that some people at some time said some things. Your research skills are non-existent, and all you come up with is subjective statements with no credibility.

You say that you “agree with Rush Limbaugh,” that a “slut is someone who is paid for sex.” The woman in question is Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown University law student who testified about birth control before congress. You just called her a prostitute, making you as vile a misogynist as Rush Limbaugh.

Your ad hominem is pathetic, saying that “I speak English so that does cause a problem for the leftwing.” It’s meaningless, and only paints you as a right-wing internet troll who’s mission is to demonize liberals. That’s why you come here, as a venue to spread your morally despicable conservative propaganda.

Comment

Maybe we are suffering from a China Syndrome?

Comment

The China Syndrome

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...74542488_n.jpg

Comment

It is interesting to point out that Jane Fonda's second husband was Tom Hayden. Tom Hayden was President of the Leftist, Moscow controlled group, Students For A Democratic Society from 1962 to 1963. Tom Hayden was one of the main leaders in The Chicago Seven/Eight violence in 1968 at the Democratic National Convention.
                    Tom Hayden was there on the trip to North Vietnam in 1972, accompanied by his future wife Jane Fonda when that picture was taken with Jane Fonda in it.
                    Tom Hayden was married to Jane Fonda from 1973-1989. Jane Fonda expressed regret to Barbara Walters in 1988, and one has to think that Jane Fonda changed her opinion of what she had done in retrospect of thinking about the incident.

Tom Hayden, William Ayers, Jerry Rubin, and anybody else associated with the Marxist SDS are people I can never trust. Chicago Politics, Community Organizer, Saul Alinski, William Ayer, Black Liberation Theology. Students For A Democratic Society, a Marxist Organization, shows a relationship between Jane Fonda, Tom Hayden, and President Obama.

A Scientific Atheist may be able to trust people like that, (for that is what Communism preaches), but as a Christian I can never trust them!

Comment

Jane Fonda divorced Tom Hayden almost forty years ago, Easeltine. His activities have no connection to her; so why bring it up (right-wing propaganda)?

You peppered your post with controversial figures like William Ayers, Jerry Rubin, Chicago politics, community organizing, Saul Alinski, Black Liberation Theology, “scientific atheism,” and the Students for a Democratic Society trying to attach all of that to President Obama and Jane Fonda in your right-wing Christian anti-scientific anti-liberal propaganda.

My guess is that you don’t know much about any of the names you tossed in; and only used them in a shotgun attack hoping that at least one or two would hit your target.

Do you even know who William Ayers is? Did you know that he’s a distinguished professor of education who won Chicago’s Citizen of the Year Award in 1997 for his work improving conditions in schools, and that he was Vice President for Curriculum Studies elected by the American Educational Research Association, and that Ayers has been praised as a model citizen and scholar whose work is esteemed by colleagues of different political viewpoints?

(Read My Friend Bill Ayers: Once Wanted by the FBI, He’s Since Become a Model Citizen, in the Wall Street Journal)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122402888900234543.html

Also see Attacks on Ayers Distort our History, a Chicago Sun-Times article by Ayers’ former students and University of Illinois alumni.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/othervi...open10.article

My guess would be that William Ayers’ accomplishments make your life pale in comparison, Easeltine; yet you load his name into your right-wing scattergun.

What do you know about Black Liberation Theology, Students for a Democratic Society, Saul Alinsky, and Jerry Rubin that you would use them as cannon fodder in your attacks against science and liberalism? All you do is find controversial names and splatter your posts with them because you found them at some Christian or right-wing website and think they make a nice sound.

Comment

The fact is that Jane Fonda apologized for her actions right around the time that she divorced Tom Hayden. I'm bringing it up because in reality it shows a fundamental change in her political attitude almost 30 years ago, but we are still remembering her politics from the 70's. She also divorced Ted Turner right after she declared she became a Christian. So, actually, I was sort of agreeing with you on your point of forgiveness.

Students For A Democratic Society/Jerry Rubin/Tom Hayden - The first book I read identifying this group as Marxist was 37 years ago. I do not remember the name.
                        Though, everything I am bringing up has their roots in Marxism.

Are you denying this? If not, then what is your point? They are all, and the people are all rooted in Marxism, even the Yippie.

Will, have you become like the North Vietnamese Government that you once fought? An intolerant Scientific Atheist?
                        Last edited by easeltine; 03-14-2012, 03:03 AM.

Comment

The subject was Jane Fonda’s efforts against Rush Limbaugh’s racist, misogynistic and homophobic remarks. How is this related to the SDS and Marxist philosophy? You can’t seem to let go of your latest favorite phrase, “scientific atheist.” To use that phrase to describe the extant body of scientific knowledge and all the scientists who work in the various disciplines within the scientific community in the world today makes no sense whatsoever. It would be like me calling all religious people “antiscientific biblically-indoctrinated right-wing propagandists.”

Comment

SDS, Marxist Philosophy

These have to do with Jane Fonda when we consider what she did in North Vietnam, and that she was married once to Tom Hayden. Tom Hayden was once President of the SDS. It is almost a matter of fact looking at this time frame in the life of Jane Fonda that her actions really were Marxist motivated. It was not just that she helped the enemy, it was that she was married to a Marxist.
                            Scientific Atheist

Not all Scientists are Atheists. The fact is that Science without God, atheism, leads to Moral Relativism. This was the point regarding Atheism that Blaise Pascal maintained. If Blaise Pascal could look into the future he would see that the last 100 years MORE THAN PROOVES HIS POINT. Not to mention the French Revolution prooving the point that atheism goes hand-in-hand with moral relativism, (with Citizen Robespierre, and Madam Guillotine).

How these three items are related to Jane Fonda should be pretty obvious.
                            Last edited by easeltine; 03-14-2012, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Moral relativism? Do you even know what that means? We’re talking about science, and the people who work in that profession. Are you implying that scientists are unethical or lack morality?

Scientists live by codes of ethics and moral obligations in their professional capacities. Their primary consideration in gathering knowledge is truth and avoidance of error; and prohibitions against fabricating, falsifying, or misrepresenting research data. Their ethical standards promote the values that are essential to collaborative work such as trust, accountability, mutual respect, and fairness.

In research there are guidelines for authorship, copyright and patenting policies, data sharing policies, and confidentiality rules in peer review. Many of the ethical norms within the scientific community help ensure that researchers are held accountable to the public. There are federal policies on research misconduct, conflicts of interest, human subject protection, and animal care to ensure that researchers are held accountable to the public.

Scientists adhere to research norms that promote moral and social values such as human rights, animal welfare, compliance with the law, and health and safety. Research data fabrications and failure to abide by regulations and guidelines are not tolerated within the scientific community.

Scientific professional organizations, government agencies, and universities have codes, rules, and policies relating to research ethics. The National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, the Food and Drug Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture all have rules of ethics for funded researchers.

These codes of ethics include honesty, objectivity, integrity, carefulness, openness, respect for intellectual property, confidentiality, responsible publication, responsible mentoring, respect for colleagues, social responsibility, non-discrimination, competence, legality, animal care, and human subjects protection.

Tell me, Easeltine, how does “moral relativism” fit into your conception of what scientists are and what they do?

Comment

Working...
                              X