X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De Niro

Robert De Niro introduced Obama's wife with the comment "Callista Gingrich. Karen Santorum. Ann Romney. Now do you really think our country is ready for a white first lady?"

Where is the outrage? Nothing from the NAACP, SCLC, SPLC, Urban League or any other leftist. Can you imagine . . . someone . . . Gingrich, for example, saying "Is the US ready for a 'black' first lady?" Why the silent from the leftwing? OH! That is right, manipulated media has not given the leftist permission to be outraged. I almost forgot.

I'm Shocked!

The First Lady’s press secretary, Olivia Alair, said that “We believe the joke was inappropriate.”

De Niro’s publicist, Stan Rosenfield, said his remark was “obvious satire.”

De Niro said that “my remarks, although spoken with satirical jest, were not meant to offend or embarrass anyone.”

Gingrich is attacking both De Niro and the President, who he said should apologize for De Niro; and then attacked De Niro, saying that “he’s rich enough to not notice the price of gasoline and the unemployment rate.” (Wait a minute, isn’t Gingrich worth up to $25-30 million? Think he cares what the price of gasoline is?)

Ann Coulter is defending De Niro, saying “Can we please stop the fake ‘offended’ routine? Please explain what was allegedly offensive about De Niro’s joke.”

De Niro’s remark drew a roar of laughter from the audience.

Rick Santorum merely dismissed De Niro’s joke as “nonsense coming from a Hollywood actor spouting off as they do.”

I’m shocked! Taking what a celebrity said and making it a political talking point in an election year. What’s this world coming to?

Comment

Originally posted by dodge View Post
      The First Lady’s press secretary, Olivia Alair, said that “We believe the joke was inappropriate.”

De Niro’s publicist, Stan Rosenfield, said his remark was “obvious satire.”

De Niro said that “my remarks, although spoken with satirical jest, were not meant to offend or embarrass anyone.”

Gingrich is attacking both De Niro and the President, who he said should apologize for De Niro; and then attacked De Niro, saying that “he’s rich enough to not notice the price of gasoline and the unemployment rate.” (Wait a minute, isn’t Gingrich worth up to $25-30 million? Think he cares what the price of gasoline is?)

Ann Coulter is defending De Niro, saying “Can we please stop the fake ‘offended’ routine? Please explain what was allegedly offensive about De Niro’s joke.”

De Niro’s remark drew a roar of laughter from the audience.

Rick Santorum merely dismissed De Niro’s joke as “nonsense coming from a Hollywood actor spouting off as they do.”

I’m shocked! Taking what a celebrity said and making it a political talking point in an election year. What’s this world coming to?
      I wonder how I knew you were going to parrot manipulated media? Why avoid the obvious question?

Comment

Is that what you’re going to say to everything anyone says, “manipulated media,” as if Fox News doesn’t twist and spin the news into their right-wing agenda?

What’s the “obvious question?”

Comment

Is that what you’re going to say to everything anyone says, “manipulated media,” as if Fox News doesn’t twist and spin the news into their right-wing agenda?

What’s the “obvious question?”
          Why bother you have not been given permission to answer it.

Comment

I rest my case.

Comment

I rest my case.
              You didn't have a case.

Comment

Working...
              X