X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stage director View Post
    I don't think someone has any right to murder you, and that you do have a right to defend your life and that of your loved ones, or heck.. sometimes even a perfect stranger. But I also think that if taking a life can be avoided by running, without jeopardizing your life, enduring substantial injury to your body or that of another individual, etc., that in most cases it's wrong to shoot the person. I don't think theft of personal property typically justifies a death sentence via the property's owner, but then.. I also believe the law's lax attitude towards thievery of property is totally wrong.
    Pain works. It is the only thing many people understand.

Comment

Dodge,

There are some people in the African-American community is actually asking for Zimmerman to get the death sentence.
      How is this any different than the lynchings that African-Americans used to get? Lynchings without a trial.
      The Media is on their side.

I'm going to go Liberal on you. I am going to use the ACLU right here:

The ACLU stated mission is, "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States."

The police did not charge Zimmerman due to witnesses that stated that Martin punched him in the nose, got on top of him, and started pounding the back of his head in the ground. The police looked at his head. The next day Zimmerman went to the Doctor to check the injuries. If one looks at these facts Zimmerman killed Martin, (a 6 foot 2 inch kid weighing around 140-160 lbs.), and considering Florida State Law, Zimmerman legally acted in self-defense. Zimmerman is mostly Hispanic.

This is what the ACLU says they believe:

Criminal Law Reform - The ACLU seeks an end to excessively harsh sentences that it feels "stand in the way of a just and equal society". The ACLU's Criminal Law Reform Project focuses on this issue.
      * Death Sentence without a trial?

Death Penalty - The ACLU is opposed to the death penalty in all circumstances. The ACLU's Capital Punishment Project focuses on this issue.
      * Well, I don't oppose the State using the Death Penalty in some instances, but there are many people asking for the Death Sentence for Zimmerman without a trial.

Gun control - The ACLU does not have a position on gun control. ACLU states that neither "the possession of guns nor the regulation of guns raises a civil liberties issue".
      * Hey, they don't even believe that Zimmerman could not have a gun.

Racial Issues - The ACLU's Racial Justice Program combats racial discrimination in all aspects of society, including the educational system, justice system, and the application of the death penalty.
      * Zimmerman is mostly Hispanic, but there are many who want him dead now, without a trial.

I know that Martin has rights, but there is evidence that this was an act of self-defense.

Why do many in the African-American community want Zimmerman's death without a trial?
      Why does the Left-Wing Media do everything to make Zimmerman guilty?
      This is actually more a problem that the African-American community has with Hispanics.

So, I am Conservative, but I am bringing up the ACLU, more the old ACLU, the one in the old The Manchurian Candidate movie era.

I'm really trying to understand the mindset of why people are assuming Zimmerman is guilty, rather than innocent before proven guilty. As Liberal and Conservatives shouldn't we abide by the rule of law, rather than saying Zimmerman is guilty, and some saying deserves the death penalty before a Trial? Help me, is it because our President is African-American...or is he actually really more White and Arab than African-American? Despite what these Extreme Right-Wingers, (I added Extreme, because I agree with you that I am Right-Wing), say, President Obama's dad seems pretty African to me - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama,_Sr
      Last edited by easeltine; 03-31-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by easeltine View Post
        Dodge,

There are some people in the African-American community is actually asking for Zimmerman to get the death sentence.
        How is this any different than the lynchings that African-Americans used to get? Lynchings without a trial.
        The Media is on their side.

I'm going to go Liberal on you. I am going to use the ACLU right here:

The ACLU stated mission is, "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States."

The police did not charge Zimmerman due to witnesses that stated that Martin punched him in the nose, got on top of him, and started pounding the back of his head in the ground. The police looked at his head. The next day Zimmerman went to the Doctor to check the injuries. If one looks at these facts Zimmerman killed Martin, (a 6 foot 2 inch kid weighing around 140-160 lbs.), and considering Florida State Law, Zimmerman legally acted in self-defense. Zimmerman is mostly Hispanic.

This is what the ACLU says they believe:

Criminal Law Reform - The ACLU seeks an end to excessively harsh sentences that it feels "stand in the way of a just and equal society". The ACLU's Criminal Law Reform Project focuses on this issue.
        * Death Sentence without a trial?

Death Penalty - The ACLU is opposed to the death penalty in all circumstances. The ACLU's Capital Punishment Project focuses on this issue.
        * Well, I don't oppose the State using the Death Penalty in some instances, but there are many people asking for the Death Sentence for Zimmerman without a trial.

Gun control - The ACLU does not have a position on gun control. ACLU states that neither "the possession of guns nor the regulation of guns raises a civil liberties issue".
        * Hey, they don't even believe that Zimmerman could not have a gun.

Racial Issues - The ACLU's Racial Justice Program combats racial discrimination in all aspects of society, including the educational system, justice system, and the application of the death penalty.
        * Zimmerman is mostly Hispanic, but there are many who want him dead now, without a trial.

I know that Martin has rights, but there is evidence that this was an act of self-defense.

Why do many in the African-American community want Zimmerman's death without a trial?
        Why does the Left-Wing Media do everything to make Zimmerman guilty?
        This is actually more a problem that the African-American community has with Hispanics.

So, I am Conservative, but I am bringing up the ACLU, more the old ACLU, the one in the old The Manchurian Candidate movie era.

I'm really trying to understand the mindset of why people are assuming Zimmerman is guilty, rather than innocent before proven guilty. As Liberal and Conservatives shouldn't we abide by the rule of law, rather than saying Zimmerman is guilty, and some saying deserves the death penalty before a Trial? Help me, is it because our President is African-American...or is he actually really more White and Arab than African-American? Despite what these Extreme Right-Wingers, (I added Extreme, because I agree with you that I am Right-Wing), say, President Obama's dad seems pretty African to me - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama,_Sr
        Easeltine, dodge can only answer what he reads in manipulated media.

Comment

Cowshut, this whole thing is just so hypocritical on the part of the Left!

Comment

Working...
          X