Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real crime, George Zimmerman . . .

The real crime is the fact George Zimmerman is white (almost). Even if Zimmerman wins the court battle (murder charge), he loses on two fields. First, his legal expenses will keep him in debt the rest of his life. Second, he is white (almost). He has been charged with violating Martin's "Civil Rights." It is rather interesting that a White (almost or full) has no "civil rights." Compare the OJ Simpson/Nicole Brown Simpson murder to the justifible death of Trayvon Martin.

How do you know it was justifiable? That's no different from those who judge him guilty before the trial.

I sat through every minute of the OJ Simpson trial. That jury should have been bat whooped. I can't think of anything more dispicable than making your own children orphans by murdering their mother.

Comment

Originally posted by stage director View Post
      How do you know it was justifiable? That's no different from those who judge him guilty before the trial.

I sat through every minute of the OJ Simpson trial. That jury should have been bat whooped. I can't think of anything more dispicable than making your own children orphans by murdering their mother.
      Stage, could i speak to you privately . . . whisper in your ear and then I will answer your question out loud. "how do I know it was justifible?" It is called the law. Here in the United States a man (person) is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That is not a rush to judgement, it is the law. George Zimmerman is "ACCUSED" of murder. He has not been found guilty. That is the way our law works here in the United States.

Now out loud. I know Zimmerman is innocent because I read the law. A person has the right to defend themselves in Florida. Medical personnel was called to the scene to examine Zimmerman the night of the shooting. you do not call for medical help unless there is a reason. Secondly, Zimmerman was treated the next morning for injuries he received the night before. As I said privately to you, an accused is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That has not happened in this case. Innocent is not a rush to judgement. It is the protection granted by United States law.

Comment

My idea is that this case is being escalated by the Obama Administration for political reasons.
        The fact is that the President needs to win Florida in order to win the election, and they feel a need to energize the racial feelings of the African-American community.
        Right now the President has a slight lead according to the polls in Florida, and this is due to this George Zimmerman case if one looks at the polling history. If the election, and the latest polls on the toss-up States are accurate the President currently wins with 282 Electoral Delegates. That is if Governor Romney wins all the very latest polls he currently leads, not averaged, currently leads. If the President loses Florida that would be only 253.
        The President has only a very thin lead over Governor Romney.
        That is why I think there really is a crime going on in the charges against George Zimmerman, there is hidden politics involved in the charges against him. This is just a feeling.
        Last edited by easeltine; 04-17-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Here in the United States a man (person) is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
          That's very true. However, we do not presume the action in question was justifiable because someone has not had their day is court. We deem it "alleged." George Zimmerman allegedly...

Comment

That's very true. However, we do not presume the action in question was justifiable because someone has not had their day is court. We deem it "alleged." George Zimmerman allegedly...
            No. Zimmerman freely admitted to shooting Martin. That is not alleged, but fact. According to US and Florida law, it was justifible until/unless proven otherwise.

Comment

Let me clarify.. "George Zimmerman allegedly killed him in cold blood." "George Zimmerman allegedly killed him in self-defense." And no, the actual act is not presumed justifiable, or unjustifiable, either. That can only happen when an official ruling is made.

Comment

Let me clarify.. "George Zimmerman allegedly killed him in cold blood." "George Zimmerman allegedly killed him in self-defense." And no, the actual act is not presumed justifiable, or unjustifiable, either. That can only happen when an official ruling is made.
                The "OFFICIAL" ruling was made by the Florida Legisture, then signed by the governor. It is called the law.

Comment

Florida law:
                  776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.ó
                  (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

Comment

Originally posted by ba2 View Post
                    Florida law:
                    776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.ó
                    (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
                    Had I been on scene that night I would have taken a drug dog along Marftin's path. An innocent man/person has no reason to run.

Comment

Are you kidding me, Cowshut? ďAn innocent man/person has no reason to run.Ē Itís been estimated that one percent of the U.S. prison population (20,000) are innocent. If you were poor and black and lived in a rural area you would not be so naÔve.

Zimmerman wasnít a police officer, so Martin was not running from the law; he was running from this suspicious guy following him. The police dispatcher told him they didnít need him to do that. He made the call, described Martin, and from that point on it should have been the job of law enforcement officers to check him out, not Zimmerman. If he hadnít decided to follow this innocent young man armed with a loaded gun, none of that would have happened.

Or so it seems to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dodge View Post
                        Are you kidding me, Cowshut? ďAn innocent man/person has no reason to run.Ē Itís been estimated that one percent of the U.S. prison population (20,000) are innocent. If you were poor and black and lived in a rural area you would not be so naÔve.

Zimmerman wasnít a police officer, so Martin was not running from the law; he was running from this suspicious guy following him. The police dispatcher told him they didnít need him to do that. He made the call, described Martin, and from that point on it should have been the job of law enforcement officers to check him out, not Zimmerman. If he hadnít decided to follow this innocent young man armed with a loaded gun, none of that would have happened.

Or so it seems to me.
                        Hey dodge, ever hear a babbling brook? Have you ever sat on a rock? Do you know what tree bark feels like? Have you ever changed a flat tire? Have you ever pulled a calf from the mud? Have you ever dreamed what life might offer without manipulated media? A day without factnet?

Comment

Florida law:

It seems to me that there was some understandable outrage when the police didnít immediately arrest George Zimmerman. But looking at the law, they couldnít until after they did some investigating. Now the charge is murder, not manslaughter. A manslaughter charge is what was expected. It seems likely that the police found some pretty strong evidence for probable cause, evidence that this was more than self defense or accidental, which should come out during the trial.

Comment

Hi Cowshut. In answer to your questions:

Have you ever heard a babbling brook? Yes, many times.

Have you ever sat on a rock? Yes, countless times.

Do you know what tree bark feels like? Yes. As a matter of fact I have extensive experience with trees.

Have you ever changed a flat tire? Of course; and not only mine but othersí.

Have you ever pulled a calf from the mud? No, but Iíve pulled porcupine quills out of a dogís mouth, helped free a horse from being stuck in mud, rescued dogs and cats from kill shelters, helped turtles across busy roads, and nursed injured wild animals back to health and returned them back their natural settings.

Iíve climbed mountains, crossed deserts, lived in jungles, cleared trails, swam in oceans and lakes, built Indian sweat lodges, and am a retired disabled veteran who served in the military.

Why do you ask me such questions? Whatís your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Bo Cowshut View Post
                              Hey dodge, ever hear a babbling brook? Have you ever sat on a rock? Do you know what tree bark feels like? Have you ever changed a flat tire? Have you ever pulled a calf from the mud? Have you ever dreamed what life might offer without manipulated media? A day without factnet?
                              Hey Col. Bo,

Like it or not, we are all a product of our experiences. Maybe I never pulled a calf from the mud, but it seems I have very different experiences than you, which makes me a very different person than you.

Are you really a Col? That would make you part of a small club. I was a Spc4, one of thousands. Have you ever held a dear friend in your arms as they died a painful death? Have you ever believed, without any doubts, that at the next moment, you were going to die, or maybe worse? Have you ever experienced the smell of bodies burning? Or watch a river of human blood? Have you ever been forced to do things that continue to haunt you for over 40 years? Doing things because you were convinced it was your duty.

It is easy to lose trust of authority.

We are all a product of our experiences. We canít help that. Sometimes we can study and learn and grow in our experiences. As thinking adults in charge of our own lives, we can try to give ourselves good experiences. New experiences help create a new person, hopefully for the better. Maybe then we can try to forget the bad in our past and move on to something better.

Have you ever sat back and though about how your experiences may have shaped your belief system, about everything and anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X