X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's War on Women

Obama started the "War on Women" with his claim that republicians were trying to return women's rights to the nineteenth century by denying them the right to contraception. Then an Obama stoolie declares that Ann Romney has never worked a day in her life. After that claim went viral, Obama came out stating "we have better things to discuss than women's issues." Why is Obama running from his own "War on Women?"

Bill Maher now claims Ann Romney has never got off her @@@ to get a real job. Where is Gloria Albright? NOW? The leftwing?

Comment

There’s some truth to those who say that Mitt Romney’s wife never had a “real job.” Her parents were wealthy, she went to an expensive private school, converted to Mormonism in 1966, then went to Brigham Young University. She married Mitt Romney in 1969. It took her several years to earn an undergraduate degree, but got her BA in French in 1976.

She was a stay-at-home mother who raised five boys; and as far as I can tell has never had a job outside the home. She and her husband have led very privileged lives. She admitted in an interview that they lived off his father’s stocks and loans when they were going to school.

These people are among the privileged elite, and like a lot of wealthy people they pay very little in taxes compared to their income. Of the $42 million that Romney earned in two years, his tax rate was 14 percent…less than what most middle-income Americans have to pay. The super rich have lawyers who specialize in loopholes, which middle income people don’t have.

So, Cowshut, when a member of the Democratic National Convention said that Ann Romney “has never worked a day in her life,” and when Bill Maher said that she has never got out of the house to get a real job, seems they were telling the truth.

You got a problem with truth?

Comment

I dunno.. It's not unusual for wives of politicians to act as an unofficial adviser, social secretary, hostess, and all sorts of things someone else might be paid to do. He's had a demanding career, and someone had to maintain the home and family aspect. She may even have sacrificed some of her career dreams for his. Being wealthy doesn't necessarily mean she hadn't planned on a career, and no one's said whether she's been busy with charity work or other activities that don't involve a paycheck.

Comment

With a few hundred million dollars, do you actually believe that Mitt Romney’s wife “maintains the home?” (Servants, nannies, staff) Ann Romney married her childhood sweetheart, converted to his religion, came from money and married into even more money. Looks like she accomplished her “planned career.”

Comment

Originally posted by dodge View Post
            There’s some truth to those who say that Mitt Romney’s wife never had a “real job.” Her parents were wealthy, she went to an expensive private school, converted to Mormonism in 1966, then went to Brigham Young University. She married Mitt Romney in 1969. It took her several years to earn an undergraduate degree, but got her BA in French in 1976.

She was a stay-at-home mother who raised five boys; and as far as I can tell has never had a job outside the home. She and her husband have led very privileged lives. She admitted in an interview that they lived off his father’s stocks and loans when they were going to school.

These people are among the privileged elite, and like a lot of wealthy people they pay very little in taxes compared to their income. Of the $42 million that Romney earned in two years, his tax rate was 14 percent…less than what most middle-income Americans have to pay. The super rich have lawyers who specialize in loopholes, which middle income people don’t have.

So, Cowshut, when a member of the Democratic National Convention said that Ann Romney “has never worked a day in her life,” and when Bill Maher said that she has never got out of the house to get a real job, seems they were telling the truth.

You got a problem with truth?
            You gotta be pulling my leg!!

Comment

I think Governor Romney's point is the best answer to these accusations:

For every month of the last 3 1/2 years of the Obama Administration the Unemployment Rate as been worst than any month during the 8 years of the Bush Administration.

95% of the people that have lost their jobs are women!

Comment

Easeltine -- Saying that the unemployment rate “has been worse than any month during the eight years of the Bush administration” doesn’t really mean much. I could point out that the unemployment rate when George W. Bush took office in January of 2001 was 4.2 percent, and when he left office in January of 2009 it was 7.8 percent. The current unemployment rate is 8.2 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

This means that the unemployment rate rose 3.4 percentage points during the course of Bush’s eight years in office; and only .4 percent since Obama took office. That actually looks pretty good to me.

Where did you get the statistic that “95% of the people who lost their jobs are women?” According to the same source, the unemployment rate as of March of this year was 6.8 percent of white males over 20 and 6.6 percent of white females over twenty.

Amongst blacks, the unemployment rate is 13.8 percent males and 12.3 percent females.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t02.htm

These statistics from the Bureau of Labor seem to disconfirm what you wrote; at least so it seems to me. Have I misread it? If so, I’m certainly open to being corrected.

Comment

Actually, dodge/easeltine, Bush had the lowest unemployment rate since WW2. It was when the left took Congress in '06 that things went to hell in a handbag.

Comment

Dodge,

http://townhall.com/columnists/byron...y_war_on_women

"Supporters of the president immediately pushed back, and the fact-checking website PolitiFact declared the statistic "mostly false." But it is, in fact, true. Of the 740,000 nonfarm payroll jobs lost between January 2009, when Obama took office, and last month, 683,000 were jobs lost by women. The short explanation is that men in industries such as construction and manufacturing were the first to lose their jobs in the Great Recession, mostly in 2008. Jobs occupied largely by women were lost later, in 2009, after Obama took office and a lot of men were already out of work.

The 92.3 percent offensive was the result of some clever research by the Romney campaign, where some smart staffers are constantly digging through data -- not waiting for media reports -- to find themes that help illustrate Romney's positions."

I'm not totally making this up.

The 8.2% unemployment rate could be better if the Obama Administration were more pro-business...and to be honest about all of this, under the Reagan Administration the unemployment rate was higher in 1982, and 1983. Conservatives like to blame President Carter and the Liberals for that. I like to blame a lot of things on President Carter, I was deceived and voted for him in 1976.
                    Last edited by easeltine; 04-20-2012, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X