X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trayvon Martin's father

Trayvon Martin's father told the news media he had warned his son about white men. Why? Should not he have warned his son of black men? Obama's own have admitted that you are ten times more likely to be a victim of violent crime in the black neighborhood than you are in a white neighborhood. That is not from white on black crime but rather from black on black crime.

Did he warn his son "about white men" or did he advise his son on how he should conduct himself if he ever gets racially profiled?

I use to visit friends in Minnesota, and this is a news story from when I was there once. The police pulled over a car driven by a black man in one of the more affluent areas of Minneapolis. When they discovered they'd pulled over one of the Minnesota Vikings, they apologized profusely but explained that they were looking for a suspect driving the exact same car who'd just robbed a gas station nearby. His reply to them? "Let me get this straight. Are you trying to tell me that somebody driving an $80,000 Lexus robbed a gas station?" Keep in mind this was the early 90's. I know very few, if any, black men who don't have a similar story to tell.. and the cops don't need to be white.

Comment

Originally posted by stage director View Post
      Did he warn his son "about white men" or did he advise his son on how he should conduct himself if he ever gets racially profiled?

I use to visit friends in Minnesota, and this is a news story from when I was there once. The police pulled over a car driven by a black man in one of the more affluent areas of Minneapolis. When they discovered they'd pulled over one of the Minnesota Vikings, they apologized profusely but explained that they were looking for a suspect driving the exact same car who'd just robbed a gas station nearby. His reply to them? "Let me get this straight. Are you trying to tell me that somebody driving an $80,000 Lexus robbed a gas station?" Keep in mind this was the early 90's. I know very few, if any, black men who don't have a similar story to tell.. and the cops don't need to be white.
      Racial Profiling or crimnial profiling? That is no such thing as racial profiling. It is a defense used by black supremist lawyer to free his client. To suggest a police officer has nothing to do but harass "black" men is ludicrious.

Comment

To suggest a police officer has nothing to do but harass "black" men is ludicrious.
        It's usually not about harassing someone. It's about presuming that a person is probably guilty of some undetermined as yet crime simply because they are black.

Comment

It's usually not about harassing someone. It's about presuming that a person is probably guilty of some undetermined as yet crime simply because they are black.
          I would love to meet the police officer with enough time to waste playing games. As I said "racial profiling" is a make-believe defense created by a black supremist lawyer. In fact, you should know that. "Racial profiling" was started/proclaimed on manipulated media by Jesse Jackson a few years ago.

Comment

As I said "racial profiling" is a make-believe defense created by a black supremist lawyer.
            Right.. I guess that's why the issue has made it all the way to the Supreme Court.

Comment

I can’t believe that you said that racial profiling is “make-believe,” and is only a “defense created by black supremacist lawyers” and “manipulated media.” The things that you come out with, Cowshut, are beyond incredulous. Where do you come up with this crap?

Comment

Right.. I guess that's why the issue has made it all the way to the Supreme Court.
                Many things have made it to the Supreme Court. That is what courts are for. Ever hear of "frivilous?" It is impossible to carry out a job and "racial profile." I know you follow enough news to have seen this defense raised a few years ago. What a wonderful way to get away with murder! OH! I didn't murder than dude, I was "racial profiled!" You need to spend a few minutes studying law, especially relating to a police officer. You have got to know the officer is going to face a lawyer desiring wealth and fame more than life. Find out what a Terry Stop is. You can bet the corner cop knows. Every stop that officer makes, every arrest, every breath he/she takes is under the eagle eye of every lawyer in the world. No, I do not buy into "racial profiling." I sat in too many patrol cars. You can too, it is called a "ride along." I highly recommend you volunteer, reserve officer/deputy. Walk in their shoes, if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by dodge View Post
                  I can’t believe that you said that racial profiling is “make-believe,” and is only a “defense created by black supremacist lawyers” and “manipulated media.” The things that you come out with, Cowshut, are beyond incredulous. Where do you come up with this crap?
                  Hey dodge, ever smell fresh hay? Have you ever touched a frog? Have you ever fed a pig/horse/sheep/chicken? Have you ever had the lame thought of maybe turning off manipulated media or factnet? Do you think you could survive if the power went out and your laptop/ipad/iphone battery goes dead?

Comment

Many things have made it to the Supreme Court. That is what courts are for. Ever hear of "frivilous?"
                    The courts weren't trying to decide whether an accusation of racial profiling is frivolous, but when it is warranted and whether it violates civil rights.
                    No, I do not buy into "racial profiling." I sat in too many patrol cars. You can too, it is called a "ride along." I highly recommend you volunteer, reserve officer/deputy.
                    Yes? Where was this? In white suburbia? ;->

Just about anyone is capable of racially profiling someone under certain circumstances.. to a degree, that is. Most problems start when it turns into a presumption of guilt based on their race as opposed to their suspicious behavior. Unfortunately, in many circumstances race is the "suspicious behavior."

Comment

Here you go again, Cowshut, asking me those absurd questions that have no meaning. Of course I’ve “touched a frog.” I’ve fed horses, pigs, and raised chickens. I’ve lived in places without electricity and have taken survival courses in the U.S. Army. As a matter of fact, I’ve survived and experience things as a combat veteran that I wouldn’t mention here. You call yourself a “Colonel.” Have you earned that right?

Comment

Btw, Bo.. While I believe Florida's self-defense law is possibly too lax, and that the whole thing could probably have been avoided had Mr Zimmerman heeded the advice of police to a greater degree, the facts as I understand them (so far) do not indicate that he is a racist, and, in fact, imply the opposite. It was the statements about him by Mr Zimmerman's own black friends and neighbors that carried the most weight.

Comment

Working...
                        X