X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easeltine

I see Brownsville is $11.5 million dollars in debt. Any plans to bale them out?

Brownsville, the revival church? I know Lindell Cooley and his guitarist...

Comment

Originally posted by sgng123 View Post
      Brownsville, the revival church? I know Lindell Cooley and his guitarist...
      That's the one.

Comment

I have an album or two of theirs from some years ago. I do not know too much about them.

In California, the Chrystal Cathedral has been bought by the Catholic Church in Orange Country for $50 million plus.

Also, Ambassador College in Pasadena used to be Worldwide Church of God. Now it is Harvest Rock, an I.H.O.P. Church, (part of Mike Bickle's bunch), led by that Che Ahn. In my opinion, I.H.O.P. is a really strange group, really nuts.

Brownsville is Assembly of God, as I recall. These large churches that traditionally were on T.V. are really having money problems in this economy. All their marketing campaigns are not working.

There are two churches that is Church on the Way in Van Nuys. One is the English speaking congregation, and their congregation is getting smaller, while the Spanish speaking congregation increased from a membership of 100 to 15,000 in just a few years.

How are those other large churches, like Saddleback, Joel Osteen's Church, Charles Stanley's Church, and Willow doing?
        Last edited by easeltine; 04-02-2012, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Brownsville has a pretty good website. What an AP article is saying that the congregation and new Pastor Horton have been focusing on that debt, and that the debt has gone from $11.5 Million to $6.5 Million. They have done this by cutting Pastors from 200 to 50 on the staff. These mega churches sure get themselves in trouble! http://blog.brownsvilleag.org/associated-press-article

I think that it sounds like they are scrimping by. The article wonders where all the money went to, and hints that the old Pastor Kirkpatrick may have taken some for his new ministry venture. The staff was a big problem.

Only $6.5 million? Maybe the Pastor should go to Oral Roberts University, climb in the prayer tower, and have God miraculously get him the money from some rich atheist...it has been done LOL! Ok, ok, just a little joke for you Col.

Comment

Originally posted by easeltine View Post
            Brownsville has a pretty good website. What an AP article is saying that the congregation and new Pastor Horton have been focusing on that debt, and that the debt has gone from $11.5 Million to $6.5 Million. They have done this by cutting Pastors from 200 to 50 on the staff. These mega churches sure get themselves in trouble! http://blog.brownsvilleag.org/associated-press-article

I think that it sounds like they are scrimping by. The article wonders where all the money went to, and hints that the old Pastor Kirkpatrick may have taken some for his new ministry venture. The staff was a big problem.

Only $6.5 million? Maybe the Pastor should go to Oral Roberts University, climb in the prayer tower, and have God miraculously get him the money from some rich atheist...it has been done LOL! Ok, ok, just a little joke for you Col.
            pentecostal . . . atheist atheist . . . pentecostal????? Are you suggesting there is a difference?

Comment

pentecostal . . . atheist atheist . . . pentecostal????? Are you suggesting there is a difference?
              That's a joke, right?

Comment

What the Body of Christ can do together.

I go to a Foursquare Pentecostal Church in the Santa Clarita Valley. There is only around 200,000 that live in that area and we are one of the larger churches with around 800-900 that attend the two morning services.

Last week our congregation, and eleven other churches of all denominations got together to make a goal of sending One Million, meals to Haiti. All of the churches bought the meals consisting of dried ingredients, (rice, vegetable, chicken, spices), and did an assembly line one a given Sunday. We worked instead of having Services that one given Sunday.

Last year our church did 110,000 when our goal was 100,000. The Church community did One Million Fifty Thousand. This year we are taking a coffee can and saving change for a month instead of having a big mac a week. Our church is giving $33,000. I may be slightly less than the average, but we are going to be able to come up with the money, shut the church down and again get our goal.

That is what the Body of Christ can do together! Can't do it when you divide and isolate yourself in a cave, or little perfect home church, Col.!

Comment

Originally posted by easeltine View Post
                  What the Body of Christ can do together.

I go to a Foursquare Pentecostal Church in the Santa Clarita Valley. There is only around 200,000 that live in that area and we are one of the larger churches with around 800-900 that attend the two morning services.

Last week our congregation, and eleven other churches of all denominations got together to make a goal of sending One Million, meals to Haiti. All of the churches bought the meals consisting of dried ingredients, (rice, vegetable, chicken, spices), and did an assembly line one a given Sunday. We worked instead of having Services that one given Sunday.

Last year our church did 110,000 when our goal was 100,000. The Church community did One Million Fifty Thousand. This year we are taking a coffee can and saving change for a month instead of having a big mac a week. Our church is giving $33,000. I may be slightly less than the average, but we are going to be able to come up with the money, shut the church down and again get our goal.

That is what the Body of Christ can do together! Can't do it when you divide and isolate yourself in a cave, or little perfect home church, Col.!
                  Actually, Obama has spend billions. So much for your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by stage director View Post
                    That's a joke, right?
                    Can I take a moment to think about it?

Comment

Can I take a moment to think about it?
                      Uhh, I wish you would.

Comment

Uhh, I wish you would.
                        Atheistism denies the existence of God (any supreme being).
                        pentecostal worships a fabricated god.

Comment

pentecostal worships a fabricated god.
                          Here we go again.. While I can't say what every single Pentecostal worships (and neither can you), the Pentecostals I've interacted with worship the God who so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son.

Comment

Here we go again.. While I can't say what every single Pentecostal worships (and neither can you), the Pentecostals I've interacted with worship the God who so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son.
                            That horse was beat to death under the tongues thread. I see no new medical discovery that might revive a dead horse.

Comment

"I see Brownsville is $11.5 million dollars in debt. Any plans to bale them out?"

$11.5 Million when the truth is $6.5 Million...Dodge isn't the only person listening to the Left-Wing Media and IDLE GOSSIP LIES!

...but then from accusations about Parham, transposing Aimee for Kathryn, etc...TRUTH was never your strong point Bo!
                              Last edited by easeltine; 04-03-2012, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X