X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easeltine, Stage Director

I saw where a pentecostal preacher used a caged lion and lamb as part of his sermon. I, also, saw where another pentecostal preacher uses a stripper pole as part of his teachings. The only confusing part is stage director's claim that pentecostals are Christians.

I saw where a Baptist preacher liked to deliver his sermons from a casket. Uh oh.. Does this mean Baptists aren't Christians, either??? (roll eyes)

Comment

Originally posted by stage director View Post
      I saw where a Baptist preacher liked to deliver his sermons from a casket. Uh oh.. Does this mean Baptists aren't Christians, either??? (roll eyes)
      I would almost be willing to wager you cannot give a link to that claim. I have always found it hilarious when one attempts to defend themselves by ridiculing the Baptists. I am not Baptist. So you wasted your time.

http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot...uring-service/
      Last edited by Col. Bo Cowshut; 04-16-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Pastor Munsey Popping Out of a Coffin

Here’s a youtube video of Pastor Steve Munsey preaching from a coffin. Watch as the coffin is brought to the front of the congregation and out pops the Pastor and a little boy named Malachi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI0YaGGW0pU

Comment

Originally posted by dodge View Post
          Here’s a youtube video of Pastor Steve Munsey preaching from a coffin. Watch as the coffin is brought to the front of the congregation and out pops the Pastor and a little boy named Malachi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI0YaGGW0pU
          looking at the picture of both men, I am not sure they are one and the same. Styles sound the same anyway.

Comment

I would almost be willing to wager you cannot give a link to that claim.
            lol Really? How much?

I have always found it hilarious when one attempts to defend themselves by ridiculing the Baptists. I am not Baptist. So you wasted your time.
            But I am.

Comment

Not bad video. Good job.
              Last edited by turtle; 04-18-2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Bo, is never one for presenting the Truth accurately, he likes to warp the Truth.

He says,

"I saw where a pentecostal preacher used a caged lion and lamb as part of his sermon."

He gives this link,

http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot...uring-service/

The Pastor in this link giving the sermon with a caged lion is Ed Young of Fellowship Church in Grapevine, the son of Ed Young, Sr., the longtime senior pastor of Second Baptist Church in Houston.

The Pastor Ed Young that is in the picture is head of churches that are Christian Evangelical Churches affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. This Pastor Ed Young has a bachelor's degree from Houston Baptist University and his Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.

The guy is a Seeker Friendly Educated Baptist - Bo!
                Last edited by easeltine; 04-18-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Bo,

After research I found that the Pastor that uses the stripper pole in church is Pastor Mike Scruggs of the Church, The Light of the World in Ohio:

http://www.lowcincy.org/

Pastor Mike Scruggs on his website describes the following about their Church:

What Denomination Are You?
                  Light of the World Ministries is a nondenominational church. We seek to be free of the stigmatism that is placed upon churches of denominations. We want to be available to everyone.

"Attendees at Light of the World come from a variety of church experiences. You might sit next to a former Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal or Muslim. It is likely that you will meet several people who do not wear any such labels, but simply are interested in what Jesus is doing in their lives right now."

This guy does not fit in the category of Pentecostal either!

Comment

Now, Stage, the preacher in the coffin is a Charismatic/Pentecostal, he is not a Baptist.

The guy needs to take a few years off and go to a Baptist or Pentecostal Seminary for education. In his case it would be better if he attends a Baptist Seminary.

That Pastor mentions that Lester Sumrall was an influence in his life, Dr. Lester Sumrall was a good Pentecostal minister. I have one of his books on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, and great historical references on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit being used throughout history. The one of Luther praying for Melancthon to be healed when he is almost dying is one example. Another, is the students in the late 1800's at Dr. Moody's sermon speaking in tongues, where the person described the incident as the Holy Spirit coming down through D.L. Moody's teachings. D.L. Moody's teachings, along with R.A. Torrey always included the secondary experience that they called, The Baptism of the Holy Spirit. R.A. Torrey wrote that at one time he believed that speaking in tongues was the only evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, however, he came to believe that it could be any of the Charisma gifts described in 1 Corinthians 12-14.

Comment

Here is the way Christians used to believe regarding the Baptism of the Holy Spirit before these Dead Cessationists that cut out all the words of the LORD Jesus Christ describing what can happen if one has Faith screwed it all up. The Cessationists has nothing but dryness to their Christianity, their Christianity is stale and dead, a Christianity that God picks who He is going to send to heaven and hell, (Hyper-Predestination). There are few theological ideas I can think of that are more foolish than Hyper-Predestination, (or Hyper-Calvinism), that idea makes God more evil than the Devil. One does have a Free Will, and a Free Choice.

Written around 1875:

"Just about that time, the Student Volunteer Movement was organized at Mr. Moody's school, and I became completely absorbed in the subject of foreign missions. My heart was stirred to its depths as I listened to appeals for consecrated men. At six o'clock in the morning, Mr. Moody personally led large meeting for boys and young men who felt their need of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Although I attended those meetings, I did not gain that for which I sought; but later at a Methodist camp meeting, faith was rewarded, and my heart was filled and satisfied with His sacred presence."

Fruit From the Jungle, M.D. Wood, Pacific Press Publishing Assn. Mountain View, CA 1919 pg. 8.

Cessationism and Hyper-Predestination are linked together for me. God give the opportunity to all:

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

So, BO, you can keep your Hyper-TULIP stuff, I want nothing to do with fake, dead "Christianity." For my God is not dead He is alive, for I know that, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ has triumphed over that death and hell stuff, man!
                      Last edited by easeltine; 04-18-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Do you mean you do not like to shout and sing. Oh to noisy for you. Hmm you need to go back to the drawning board Easeltine, because If I am happy, I am going to shout and if I am sad I might cry and if I feel like shouting I am going to say Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sunday 4/15

Memory Verse Assignment - Me

"The memory verse is found in Psalm 34:11. We should look at the other verses in the Chapter to learn about the verse. As Pastor T_____ just told you there is a choice to praise the LORD or not to praise the LORD. This is Teacher E____'s (me) problem. He needs to choose to praise the LORD! I don't praise the LORD like I should! I complain too much! The first verses of Psalm 34 tells us that it is a choice to Praise the LORD and we need to do it! This is what King David said:

"I will bless the LORD at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in Thee LORD, the humble shall hear thereof and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt this name together. I sought the LORD and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears...""

I am trying Teacher Turtle, I am trying.
                          Last edited by easeltine; 04-18-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

By the way...did you catch the name of the coffin video show? "You're watching, "Choices."

The message of the video is good. It illustrates that we have a choice to live in fear of Satan or demons, or choose not to fear them because we have the LORD. We have "Choices."

Like the "Choice" of telling the Truth whether the Pastors are actually Pentecostal or not:

"I saw where a pentecostal preacher used a caged lion and lamb as part of his sermon. I, also, saw where another pentecostal preacher uses a stripper pole as part of his teachings."

We can choose to state that the Preacher with the caged lion is a son of a Baptist minister, graduate of a Baptist University and Seminary, and his church is linked to the Southern Baptist Convention, or we can lie about it.

We can choose to state that the Preacher who uses a stripper pole is not affiliated with any Pentecostal denomination, and is a non-denominational Church, or we can lie about it.

Thank you for posting the coffin video Dodge! I still think the guy should get a Degree to help teach his mega-church, but it is a pretty good video.
                            Last edited by easeltine; 04-18-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Now, Stage, the preacher in the coffin is a Charismatic/Pentecostal, he is not a Baptist.

From the obituary of the Rev T M Chambers Jr:

"The Rev. T.M. Chambers Jr., the melodramatic Baptist preacher who was the pied piper who led two generations of South L.A. youth to the church, died in his Lancaster home of natural causes Monday. He was 86.

Chambers was an extremely popular cleric who attracted hordes of young people — and ultimately, their curious parents — to morning religious services, afternoon musical programs and late night radio broadcasts to his landmark New Greater Harvest Baptist Church at 54th Street and Western Avenue.

Even though Chambers was a preacher and international evangelist for 70 years, he peaked locally from 1957 to 1980 when he pastored New Greater Harvest, became guru to America‘s gospel singers and preached with a showman‘s flair that kept his services packed and his name on everyone’s lips — whether they went to church or not, because if they didn’t see him, they listened to his popular Sunday night live radio broadcasts of his services.

Chambers didn’t just preach; he performed, much to the delight of youthful congregants. He preached out of a casket several times. He preached in a pen surrounded by live pigs once." - - - Los Angeles Wave April 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X