Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apostolic United Brethren

Mom Sentenced to Jail for Encouraging Sex Abuse of Daughters

A 39-year-old Taylorsville woman -- a former member of a Salt Lake County polygamous group -- has been sentenced to 1 year in jail for encouraging her husband, as well as participating, in the sexual abuse of her two daughters.

The woman's husband and stepfather to the girls, 71-year-old Gustavo Palacios, is serving up to life in prison after he pleaded guilty last year to two counts of first-degree felony attempted aggravated sexual abuse of a child.

*** Prosecutors asked for prison time because the abuse occurred over a five-year period, from 1995 to 2000, and the woman participated in and encouraged the abuse.

The girls, who have been placed in a foster home, told investigators their mother did not want them to "grow up thinking sex was ugly," according to court documents.

*** The judge noted the woman had been raised in a polygamous family and was herself subjected to sexual abuse as a child.

*** The woman must also complete sex-offender treatment and obtain a high school diploma during her 3-year probation. She will be listed on the state's sex-offender registry.

The couple were excommunicated from the Bluffdale-based Apostolic United Brethren polygamous sect.

-- Stephen Hunt

http://www.sltrib.com/2003/Mar/03212003/utah/40248.asp

truly this is a false cult. o

truly this is a false cult. one no true CHURCH will practice or teach others to abuse children or any one for that matter. also no one in theeir right mind would condone the haveing more than one wife or husband at a time. that is adultry and is contrary to the teachings of the bIBLE
    steadman

Comment

Why are people continuing to

Why are people continuing to use the name APOSTOLIC This is not an apostolic church. Those actions are contrary to what the apostolic faith teaches and believes

Comment

the apostolic CHURCH beleives,

the apostolic CHURCH beleives, which is wrong that you have to be baptised in the name OF JESUS in order to be saved they also beleive that you have to speak in tongues in order to be saved which is wrong also. any one who beleives in and on JESUS id >>>>

Comment

some how not all of my messeg

some how not all of my messege got on the last email.. i meant to say any one who beleives in and on JESUS is... SAVED.....

Comment

mark 16:17-18

And theses

mark 16:17-18

And theses signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES; they shall take up serpents;and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Do you believe?

Acts 2:38
            Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:16
            For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 10:48
            And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Acts 19:5
            When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of he Lord Jesus.

Comment

why am i told by a member of t

why am i told by a member of the apostolic community that having facial hair is wrong. i&#39;ve been a christian for most of my life and this is the first i&#39;ve heard of such. <font color="0000ff"><font face="arial&#44;helvetica"></font></font>}

Comment

why am i told by a member of t

why am i told by a member of the apostolic community that having facial hair is wrong. i&#39;ve been a christian for most of my life and this is the first i&#39;ve heard of such. <font color="0000ff"><font face="arial&#44;helvetica"></font></font>}

Comment

it is not a sin as far as i am

it is not a sin as far as i am concerned, of course i am not a apostolic church person. there are those who get carried away with all of that.

Comment

Arron are you aware of a rumor

Arron are you aware of a rumor that the apostlic church started the azusa street revival. And if so what is your opinion.

Comment

no i had never heard that till

no i had never heard that till you said it. i really dont think it i s true as far as i know seymore was a triniterian. at least that started the pentacostal movement &#40; that had been since the beginning any way &#41; keep praying for me.

Comment

I asked similiar question on a

I asked similiar question on another thread Easeltine had give me the same answer. I am praying. How have you been doing. I am sorry i had to leave for a little while.

Comment

been fine how are you turtle?

been fine how are you turtle? i wrote on other threads its has been a while since i saw your writtings.

Comment

also turtle please pray for me

also turtle please pray for me as i am have postate trouble, an enlarged postate gland. my sugar is running so high it was 235 a while ago. it runs higher when i have pain or of course eat too much and i need to lose weight. alos my grandchild who is seven is going to hospital to have a shunt renewed in his head so pray for us both and all others. thanks

Comment

Got your message left message

Got your message left message on other board under doctrine belief and proof. Had to go to town today. Boy grocery prices are getting steeper and steeper I am feeling the pinch. Anyway. I will be keeping you in pray. Keep my financial needs in pray please.

Comment

Working...
                              X