X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Truth About Calvary Chapel

Calvary Chapel is sounding more and more like a Catholic CHURCH all the time. Today I heard a message by Pastor Steve Mays of CC SOUTH BAY. and when he gave an invitation to be forgiven by God he never once said anything about repentance or sin. and we know that most CC'S are not talking about repentance in there messages. it sounds just like the Catholic church. just confess your sins and God will look the other way. CC'S Believe that a person can live in sin and still go to heaven.
    CC'S have been deceived by satan himself.
    UNLESS YOU REPENT...(STOP DOING AND PRACTICING THE SIN)YOU WILL DIE IN YOUR SINS AND GOD WILL GIVE YOU JUSTICE AND THAT MEANS HELL! SO PLEASE
    REPENT AND TURN TO GOD AND AWAY FROM YOUR SIN AND ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GIVE YOU VICTORY OVER EVERY SIN AND OBEY HIS LEADING...HE WILL HELP YOU LIVE A HOLY LIFE...PUT YOUR TRUST IN JESUS CHRIST AND CRY OUT TO HIM FOR MERCY!

DID YOU KNOW THAT MOST CALVARY

DID YOU KNOW THAT MOST CALVARY CHAPEL PASTORS
    ARE THE RICHEST PEOPLE IN THERE CHURCH? DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY WILL NOT LET YOU SEE THE FINANCIAL
    BOOKS OF THE CHURCH? DID YOU KNOW (DYK)THAT MANY SR. PASTORS OF CC'S LIVE IN MILLION DOLLAR HOUSES
    AND MORE THAN AN HOUR AWAY FROM THERE CHURCH IN A WEALTHY COMMUNITY?

Comment

DID YOU KNOW-DYK THAT CALVARY

DID YOU KNOW-DYK THAT CALVARY CHAPELS TEACH ENDLESS BIBLE STUDIES. DYN, THAT MOST CC'S PASTORS DO NOT KNOW HOW TO HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD? VERY SCARY B/C THEY ARE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND. DYK, THAT YOU WILL ALL MOST NEVER SEE A HEALING AT CC'S OR THE POWER OF GOD. DYK, THAT TO REALY GROW SPIRITUALLY YOU WILL HAVE TO LEAVE CC AND GO TO ANOTHER CHURCH
      TO BE TRAINED TO HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD AND TO LEARN ABOUT HEALING AND MANY OTHER THINGS?
      DYK-THAT MANY PEOPLE AT CALVARY CHAPEL ARE NOT REALLY SAVED? THEY KNOW THERE BIBLE BUT THEY DON'T KNOW THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. DYK, MOST PEOPLE AT CC'S HAVE NEVER REALLY REPENTED, BUT THEY CONFESS EVERYDAY...JUST LIKE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!

Comment

VISIT A CALVARY CHAPEL SOMETIM

VISIT A CALVARY CHAPEL SOMETIME AND SEE JUST HOW DEAD THEY REALLY ARE...AND LISTEN IF YOU HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT REPENTANCE AND TURNING FROM SIN?
        THEY WILL MAKE IT REAL EASY FOR YOU TO THINK YOU ARE SAVED...JUST REPEAT THIS AFTER ME...SO OUR CHURCHES ARE FULL OF PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY ARE SAVED WHEN IN REALITY THEY ARE ON THERE WAY TO HELL!

Comment

I am very disppointed with all

I am very disppointed with all your criticism of Calvary chapel. I have been going through some struggles for few years. i went to many churches. No one cared. But, Chuck smith took the time to write to me and he knew where the problem was and hepled me though I am not a member of his church. This church has touched the lives of many people and because of this it is growing and people support. Because of its explosive growth, the church has more money. As long as the ministers sincerely serve the people, I do not see any reason for them having good homes if they can afford.

Anyway, the ministers are more accountable to God than you and I. Let us leave Judgement to God and let us love one another and share the love of Christ with others who do not know Him.

It is God's job to Judge all of us and it is a command for all of us to love one another.

Comment

Hey Inkorrekt...you are right,

Hey Inkorrekt...you are right, somewhere, some are going to be dissapointed...there are too many factors involved...inching ears, unresolved conflicts that were never dealt with, maybe it not where the Lord wants them, many, many issues. but Onething, is that they do preach the word and are a great balance between, penticostalism, and conservatism in there approach to teaching and ministering. I am not a part of their movement, but have been to seminars, and have really enjoyed their portions. So don't worry, if you look hard enough you will find people hate even God on the Internet. And whats that all about? Hating God, what did He do? Except loved us and died for us and offers us Eternal life.

Comment

It's not about hating God.

It's not about hating God.

Do you notice that very few people can talk about CC without talking about Chuck Smith? You can try and spin it any way you want, but when you get right down to it, it's Chuck Smith's church. All of it, from the "dove" symbol to the worship style is all Chuck. Sure, God gets talked about, but it's more about what Chuck does and what Chuck says. Sure, Chuck is talking about God, but I know that I have rarely heard CC mentioned without Chuck Smith being mentioned.

He may not be in the same league as Benny Hinn or any of those other a$$-clowns, but just sit back and watch. If Chuck Smith comes to town, just sit back and watch the people throng to hear him. Listen to the testimonies. "I was lost until I found Chuck Smith." "I never REALLY knew Christ until I met Chuck Smith or attended CC."

I don't seem to remember seeing Chuck Smith's name in the Bible, but there sure are a ton of people that put him on a pedestal. There will always be people that will need a Chuck Smith or a Benny Hinn to tell them how to believe. They will always look for the Annointed Man that has special access to God to tell them what God thinks. Just look at all the cult threads on this site.

I've been to a CC church. It scared me.

Comment

I finally left Calvary Chapel.

I finally left Calvary Chapel. It has taken me about 4 years to de-program my brain (so to speak) of the "CC is the ONLY bible teaching church."

My time there was allright in different ways, but...my husband and I are very outgoing people. When we attempted to fellowship like normal Christians, we were received with a "glazed look." Nobody talks in CC's! Nobody connects!

Over the years, we enjoyed the services and especially the worship. We just never could connect to the "cult like" behavior. Thank goodness.

Over a period of 15 years, we tried 3-4 CC's and remained at one. None of the people at the CC's even knew how to have a normal conversation.
                The glazed eye looks were at all the CC's we ever went to.

How do these people function in the real world?
                I love the Lord so much. My heart has been shattered over and over again.

God has finally gotten me out of CC and we attend
                a very warm, loving bible believing church in Simi Valley. We even have Sunday school and go to lunch after! What a CONCEPT!! (with committed Christians even! lol!

CC would never admit there are committed bible believing Christian's outside of CC! : )

I am sorry, but I would never recommend a CC to anyone, and that really makes me sad. They do have some good things....Really sad.

(Message edited by belinda on December 03, 2006)

Comment

I've never attended a Calvary Chapel, but have had close interactions with members and with a pastor or two. My outsider's opinion is as follows...

It seems to be a seeker-friendly movement, and seems to produce a lot of spiritually shallow/immature people who have little understanding of some basic biblical concepts of right and wrong. They seem to have a plethora of programs to keep people "churchy" and involved but never really growing beyond platitudes.

At the same time, they seem to support a great deal of mission work, and seem to attempt to contribute positively to their community, i.e. food drives, donations, et cetera.

I don't know enough about them to say much more. I've seen good and bad. I could say the same about any denomination. I could say the same about myself.

Lewis Wells

Comment

Working...
                  X