From Mike, Bremerton, WA: I suffer from clinical depression. Please pray for me, that the doctor would find the right medication so I can feel better. Thank You and God Bless. – Christian Fellowship Prayer Wall, July 1
Here are some of the symptoms of clinical depression:
- Depressed mood most of the day, nearly every day
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most activities
- Significant weight loss or gain
- Sleeping too much or not being able to sleep nearly every day
- Slowed thinking or movement that others can see
- Fatigue or low energy nearly every day
- Feelings of worthlessness or inappropriate guilt
- Loss of concentration or indecisiveness
- Recurring thoughts of death or suicide
Wow. Based upon those criteria, I certainly suffered from clinical depression during the months I was with the largest-you-know-what-in-the-whole-damn-you-know-what. I never had any interest or pleasure in most group activities. I did lose weight. I never got much sleep and I battled fatigue and low energy every day. And I was made to feel inappropriately guilty.
That all ended when I got the hell out that Sodom and Gomorrah once and for all.
Now that was the right medicine, baby!