X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9. RELATIONSHIP CONTROL: Thi

9. RELATIONSHIP CONTROL: This is another area where ntcc is guilty. You really should only fellowship with "Christians" and not with "sinners". The only time you would associate with sinners is to invite them to church. You'd never have a Bar-b-que with them or just visit with them (not that you have the time to), because they're "bad" and we're "good". Unless, of course, you're trying to get them to come out to church, then maybe.

Also, it was frowned upon to spend any time with your real family-- after all their "sinners". Why would you want to go visit them for Christmas? They're just going to drink, and curse, and watch T.V. Definitely not a place for a true Christian to be. You need to be with the family of God. Of course, your family wonders why, since you started going to that church, you don't associate with them anymore. The interesting things is, when you eventually leave the church (and they begin talking bad about you) your family is always there for you.

One more thing-- even though you are suppose to fellowship with people from the church, even that gets called into question sometimes. Maybe the brother or sister you like to be with isn't as spiritual or isn't as much of a leader as they think they should be. Then it's dangerous to be hanging around them, because if the leaders see you around this person they may think that you've got shortcomings to-- so you break off them friendship as gently as you can.

10. PERSONAL IDENTITY REPLACEMENT: This is NOT taking over your mind or becoming a zombie, like a bad science fiction movie. This is the result of causing YOU to change your OWN personality through fear, intimidation, pressure to conform, fear of losing your salvation, and being a good Christian. We've seen it over and over again, where genuinely nice people turn into bullies and preachers lacking compassion, because that is what is expected of them if they expect to "succeed" in new testament christian church. Because you are trying so hard to please the pastor, and to conform to what the church is, you force yourself to be hard on people, preach fire and brimestone from the pulpit, get on peoples sin and shortcomings, and jack up your wife for rebellion when she doesn't jump at your every command. Those who used to be humble servants of Christ have become tyrrants and bullies for the church.

Comment

[i]"The only time you woul

"The only time you would associate with sinners is to invite them to church."

The Islamic instruction book on proselytization and recruitment:

'Only make friends with the infedels in order to convert them to Islam.' (It's a fact... The devil truly is a god of many faces, but the same mode of operation!)

Comment

*bump*

*bump*

Comment

Don't make friends period.

Don't make friends period. They made it so hard to fellowship with all the permission junk that we just decided to fellowship with the sinners we invited to church. They were some of the best friends we had.

Comment

*bump*

*bump*

Comment

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quot

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

They made it so hard to fellowship with all the permission junk that we just decided to fellowship with the sinners we invited to church. They were some of the best friends we had.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Apparently you didn&#39;t stop to think that you required permission for that, also. It&#39;s a good thing, because you would&#39;ve been declined. As a member of the ministerial class, you ought not become familiar with &#40;and to&#41; your contacts and/or members, because familiarity breeds contempt and it is of utmost importance that you command respect. Can&#39;t allow them to view you as a peer, or your authority is jeopardized. You only get respect from a distance, soldier, and don&#39;t forget it.

Comment

&#34;As a member of the minist

&#34;As a member of the ministerial class, you ought not become familiar with &#40;and to&#41; your contacts and/or members, because familiarity breeds contempt and it is of utmost importance that you command respect. Can&#39;t allow them to view you as a peer, or your authority is jeopardized.&#34;

And don&#39;t let them find out your first name or age, either.

Comment

&#34;Familiarity breeds contem

&#34;Familiarity breeds contempt. But, without a little familiarity nothing would breed&#34; -- Winston Churchill

Comment

Why is it such managerial prea

Why is it such managerial preachers are so worried about you not getting overfamiliar with them, and yet they can get so familiar with you, even to the point of intrusion?

Oh. It&#39;s for OUR own good. I forgot.

They have also mastered the art of pigion-holing people, when there is an opening... for their own good.

A cult is a cult is a cult...

&#39;Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: <u>if</u> any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.&#39; &#40;Rev 3:21&#41;

Sounds pretty gentlemanly and familiarly to me!

Comment

&#42;bump&#42;

&#42;bump&#42;

Comment

&#42;bump&#42;

&#42;bump&#42;

Comment

I am wondering if any one know

I am wondering if any one knows who REV Marshal is? and if they are still in the tillicam church?
                          Its been over 17years.
                          Is his son carrie still around? That was the first NTCC I have been to, and where I got saved. Then I moved to the church on hill top.

Comment

&#34;I am wondering if any one

&#34;I am wondering if any one knows who REV Marshal is? and if they are still in the tillicam church?&#34;

I know who he is; he was disfellowshipped by the org back in the late 80s/early 90s. Don&#39;t know where he is now. His ex-wife is married to another NTCC minister.

Comment

I heard that Rev Mike Marshall

I heard that Rev Mike Marshall was driving a bus for a Baptist church in St. Louis somewhere. That was back in early 90&#39;s. It may or may not have any relevance.

BDH

Comment

[img]http://www.factnet.org/di

http://www.factnet.org/discus/clipart/sad.gif that is so sad,. He was a great person and his wife also. I use to date his step son carrie when we were about 17.. The son looked just like the Dad and that was not even his real Dad.. They seemed like a happy family. I believe his to be a man of God. I do remember they got a new Pastor st clair. He told me that I will for sure go to hell if I wear pants. It was kind of wired because how can u tell a teenager that when I don&#39;t even know what most of the bibles says. I didn&#39;t care wearing pants or not didn&#39;t bother me. hippies wear long skirts all the time,, but I have learned its whats in the heart and then rules come. I new a lot of people in the NTCC most were teens we would have fellowship once a month they were so fun. It was harder when I moved to the hilltop church I was the only teen and a lot of sisters were way different. I mean like not take showers or shave there under arms. I bet your wondering why I would have noticed these things,. Women do dress in front of each other. Not all the women but many.
                                shaving is a clean thing http://www.factnet.org/discus/clipart/happy.gif
                                I was also wondering if one of Rev expaniza son is still married hes the oldest one? does any one know? I am just asking because some thing with them didn&#39;t seem right.

Comment

Working...
                                X