X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PENTECOSTAL RELIGION IS IT A CULT

I was wondering if the pentecostal religion was a cult?? I have always heard it was..I know people(certain family members) who go to a pentecostal church, they seem "brainwashed", and seem to "shun" those who do not -practice- or -preach- with them. Even shunning their own family members,because certain "views" were not the same. If you know about this religion, or have seen any cult-like, behavior from the pentecostal religion PLease Let Me Know.. thanks

MANY OF THE PENTACOSTAL FAITH

MANY OF THE PENTACOSTAL FAITH GET LIIKE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES GOING TO HEAVEN BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE FOR ALL OF THEM. THE MAJORITY OF PENTACOSTALS ARE GOD LOVING PEOPLE AND ARE NOT CULTIC AT ALL I AM A MEMBER OF A HOLINESS CHURCH. WE DO BELEIVE IN LIVING ACCORDING TO STRICT RULES AND MAY AHVE DIFFERENT IDEAS THAN OTHER CHURCHES BUT WE DO NOT EXCULDE ANY ONE WHO SAYS THEY ARE SAVED

Comment

Thanks Aaron, I just think th

Thanks Aaron, I just think the church Abundant Life Ministries in Cininnati Ohio is a cult,because of some of the weird things that go on. Not to mention, most of the members who go there seem to HAVE to consult their "pastor" before making any decisions. Almost like they are not their "own" persons anymore. They cant confront other family members on anything without A. The pastor being there. OR
      B. Basing the whole conversation with "Our Pastor said...this is wrong or right"
      Like the 'Pastor' was controlling their whole life...

Now the family members who do go to this church will not talk to the rest of the family, because of a clash in different views.. and that was back in OCT 2003! A whole YEAR has went by, no one is aloud to see their kids, or speak to them. And we think the pastor is behind it all, Most "Helpers of God"(meaning the pastor) would try to help bring this family back together!! But instead he's telling them terrible things, especially to the kids-like--"your mother and father are not speaking to the rest of their family, and you should not either--because if you do, that family may take you away from your mother and father, and put you in foster homes, and you will never see your family again" NOW WHAT KIND OF PASTOR IS THAT??? SOUNDS LIKE A CULT TO ME WHAT DO YOU THINK????

Comment

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!
        Is

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!
        Is every religian a cult to someone?
        look at this board, someone is questioning almost
        every denomination out there!!!!!!!

Comment

qwerty-
          I was just thinking

qwerty-
          I was just thinking the same thing!
          I do think johnny has a problem tho. If it is as you say johnny, it most definitely is a cult. Pray hard.

Comment

That church sounds scary

That church sounds scary

Comment

To all who posted on this : T

To all who posted on this : Thank you--We all have been praying VERY hard. We all just dont understand how someone who is supposed to be a "helper under God" (the Pastor) wont help us work our problems out..Yet the "pastor" says it is because "WE" are not members of "THEIR" church... (even though a family member that we are having problems with DOES go there) BUT if thats the case--why then does the "pastor" collect and send donations to the poor kids of east africa..who dont belong to THEIR church much less this country. IT ALL JUST SEEMS VERY ODD TO ME!!

Comment

Johnny -
                You are absolutely

Johnny -
                You are absolutely right and thinking very clearly. Unfortunately, those who succumb to these wolves in sheeps clothing have given in to a spirit of deception. You must pray that they may overcome that spirit of deception and then remain sensitive to the Holy Spirit so you know what to say and when to say it.

Comment

SOMETIMES THE UPC IS VERY DOG

SOMETIMES THE UPC IS VERY DOGMATIC IN THE FACT THAT THEY BELEIVE YOU HAVE TO BE BAPTISED IN THE NAME OF JESUS IN ORDER TO BE SAVED NOW THEY DO TEND TO GET CULTIC LIKE.. I DID NOT SAY THEY WERE CULTIC BUT CULTIC LIKE IN THE DOCTRINE
                  I KNOW I AM SAVED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS AND BAPTISED OR NOT AM GOING TO HEAVEN. I AM OF COURSE BAPTISED IN THE WATER AND I DO HAVE THE BAPTISIUM OF THE HOLY GHOST

Comment

to qwerty
                    Most denomination

to qwerty
                    Most denominations have a few bad apples. Others, like the one I came out of, have more than their share.
                    It just a fact of life.

Comment

Johnny is NOT thinking clearl

Johnny is NOT thinking clearly! Churches are not fast food advice givers. Most of the time the problems that people face in their life are a result of not being truly connected to Christ, nor to the Body of Christ. A pastor is not a 'helper under God'. He is a shepherd of those who are in his flock. There is a responsibility upon the part of the pastor to not only give out 'advice', but he has to give an account to the Lord for how he has shepherded those in his care.

If someome is not actually in his care, the pastor is very limited to what he can give that person, not knowing him/her in a personal way. In fact, it could be very dangerous to give off-hand 'advice' without a true personal relationship with that person.

Sending 'donations' to poor kids in other nations is not the same thing as 'helping' someone out of their problems.

At the end of the day the Lord Jesus Christ is the only one who can help Johnny, a pastor's responsibility is to bring Johnny to Him. If Johnny doesn't want to come, the pastor cannot help him.

Comment

Pentecostals are one of the c

Pentecostals are one of the closest true denominations. But they are wrong in about a half dozen of their teachings. In the book of Acts they had all things common, but the preachers want to take them back to the Old Testament, the book of Malachi. So they can get 10% of their wages. Just put tithing in your search engine and let the Holy Ghost lead you.
                        I paid tithes for 7 plus years and ended up in bankruptcy court. Then God (not man) opened my eyes to the truth. But I started out in a cult called The Church of Jesus Christ (NOT latter day saints)they have almost the same doctrines.
                        But they say they are the only true church, because you can't be Pentecost, because it was a day, and you can't be a dayhttp://www.factnet.org/discus/clipart/happy.gifIf you have never been to a Pentecostal church, try it. But if the hand of God moves and you get the Holy Ghost or healed don't worship or trust the preacher with all your heart, because he could be a devil. Remember this, all the law is fulfilled in ONE WORD, AND IT'S NOT TITHING.

Comment

Every man should study the wo

Every man should study the word of God for themselves. It seems like most people today have created their own religion. God knows what he wants, and He is the final authority of what is acceptable. Pentecost is an experience. People continue to explain things away... I would suggest that anyone that has questions about Baptism in Jesus name and being filled with the Holy Spirit seek God FOR YOURSELF. GO TO HIS WORD AND PRAY. HE IS THE REWARDER OF THEM THAT DELINGENTLY SEEK HIM. SEEK HIM, NOT A RELIGION OR TRADITION. I DID, AND I WAS FILLED WITH THE HOLYSPIRIT (SPEAKING IN TONGUES AS THE SPIRIT GAVE UTTERANCE), AND IT WAS REVEALED TO ME THAT I NEEDED THE WATER BAPTISM IN JESUS NAME. SEEK GOD!

Comment

Johnny! Thankyou so much for

Johnny! Thankyou so much for bringing up the words CULT and PENTACOSTAL in your message,in answer to your question yes unfortunatly it is a cult. I am an optimist and always give everyone and evrything a chance. Big mistake in this case I lost my daughter to the Pentacostal cult and I am terrified of the mindset she has adopted,she is vacant in her eyes,she shuns the family,friends that she had all through her childhood erased from her life. I need some help with this "PLEASE someone help me,HELP us.
                            You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

ive never seen so many people

ive never seen so many people judging others when there not in the position to as in the pentecostal church

Comment

Working...
                              X