Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmmmm...I wonder who's sending private messages to Kestrel?

Comment

• Speculating on the speculated.

Originally posted by dodge View Post
      Mmmmmm...I wonder who's sending private messages to Kestrel?
      Dodge,

IMAO, a prime example of what (I find) is commenting that falls somewhere between superficial to sarcastic. Furthermore, any intention towards some clarification is obviously lacking. I'll be gracious and call it a most obvious rhetorical comment. Obvious for both it's intent, and answer. Your lack to respectably state your above point, but rather resort towards the use of innuendo, is diminutive. I graciously decline to participate in this race to the bottom for a quasi intellectual conversation, in case I have not made this quite apparent when I cast my vote to log on, or not. I'm just a single user, so what? That being true enough, I believe you understand where this can easily head.

Personally Dodge, if your going to be confrontational, then why not just take the front door like a good bear? The respect factor one gains is worth their having to take the hat off to wax in a civil fashion. For example, I shall paraphrase your above comment to properly include it's true spirit of intent: "I know Smyrna sent Kestrel some pms regarding recent changes made on the forum. I can't contain my curiosity about this matter!" You have the option to deny this, but you have initiated a conclusion by posting your speculation to begin with, even if your's truly has not been directly inquired thereof.

Again, I don't have the time nor desire to tap dance around nebulous issues that have no real bearing on my orbit. Only we the members can do a better job of moderating our behavior; even if not all of us have the added luxury of also being an admin- in which case this can easily become moot. That's a real possibility, and who wants to consider all the hours of their lives wasted by banging away on posts that technically belong to someone else? Especially when the objectivity of the forum's administration becomes tenuous? We ALL get back exactly what we put in. If we put garbage in then garbage shall be the output. (Note however, that many times one man's garbage is another man's treasure.) Speaking of garbage:

I'v noticed a few sea gulls flying around here. Has a municipal dump been installed someplace close by? The odors seem to be wafting over our neighborhood.

I have provided my own example of sarcasm to illustrate it's use. Note closely how it is actually closer to satire: for it is actually an instructional aid for those who may not wish to consider these finer points without the visuals. It's OK to include the LCD in the discussion- so long as it remains subordinate to the equation's sum (mission of FN). Teaching moments occur every step of the way. In the spirit that our world will be a minutely better place, this post will now be submitted. I find this more challenging than unsolicited interference with conversations, and more gratifying in the end......

Comment

• Hi Kestrel -- There’s no need for us to be antagonistic towards one another. For anything that I’ve said that offended you, I apologize. You started this thread almost seven months ago, and said that your goal was to “keep this clean and above board,” and to “keep our self respect in all discussions…to check our bad attitudes at the door.”

So let’s start anew, put our personal problems with one another on hold and have an intelligent exchange of ideas free of animosity. OK? What is it that you’d like to talk about? It seems to me that the subject of Arnold Murray/Shepherds Chapel has been exhausted; but perhaps you have a point of view, an opinion, or some information that you’d like to share or discuss. Or something totally unrelated. Anything other than continual enmity.

The ball is in your court.

Comment

• Originally posted by dodge View Post
          Hi Kestrel -- There’s no need for us to be antagonistic towards one another. For anything that I’ve said that offended you, I apologize. You started this thread almost seven months ago, and said that your goal was to “keep this clean and above board,” and to “keep our self respect in all discussions…to check our bad attitudes at the door.”

So let’s start anew, put our personal problems with one another on hold and have an intelligent exchange of ideas free of animosity. OK? What is it that you’d like to talk about? It seems to me that the subject of Arnold Murray/Shepherds Chapel has been exhausted; but perhaps you have a point of view, an opinion, or some information that you’d like to share or discuss. Or something totally unrelated. Anything other than continual enmity.

The ball is in your court.

Dodge,

Let us be in agreement on this point: All the diatribe has been exhausted.

Now, to continue further would require a serious detraction. You should recall the dynamics of this forum in order to facilitate the process. SC students did not come here to prostelatize, but defend. Therefore, the onus rests upon the "serious" detractors to keep the pot stirred until THEY run out of options.

I for one will keep my wits about me and focused on the purpose for this thread. To offer a counterpoint when possible. If you wish to advance your understanding of The Chapel, may I suggest you tune in and do your own studying.

I'm trying to admire your penchant for spin. It appears to be more of a liability than an asset for someone seeking real knowledge of the issues. With all due respect, your last post did absolutely nothing for me except reiterate and insincere tone, and reminds me of the wolf in sheep's clothing.

I'll hang around until the next rain storm shows who has the whitewashed fences. I'm the guy who's going to sell you on how fun it is paint the pickets, one by one.

Call it pride of ownership.

Kestrel
          (now aka: The Sentinel )

Comment

• SC students did not come here to prostelatize, but defend. Therefore, the onus rests upon the "serious" detractors to keep the pot stirred until THEY run out of options.
            Is that in the rulebook? ;-)

Comment

• Uhh... YE-AH. Just as much as not wearing black shoes with blue pants or being the first to arrive at a party.

Comment

• When all else fails, read the manual.

Originally posted by sgng123 View Post
                Uhh... YE-AH. Just as much as not wearing black shoes with blue pants or being the first to arrive at a party.
                Salutations SGNG,

Excellent examples. The committing of such faux pas shows certainly betrays one's class.

But the obvious must be visited from time to time.

Comment

• Hi Kestrel. You wrote that the “diatribe” concerning Shepherds Chapel/Arnold Murray has been exhausted; and that all that’s left is for you, as a student of SC/AM, to defend against detraction. I haven’t seen any lately.

You came back after a three and a half month absence, bumped a thread that’s been dead for two and a half months, announced that you were about to “rush onto the battlefield,” that you were getting private messages from Smyrna, and then complained about the moderation.

What happened, did Smyrna send you a summons to take his place as the interim detractor stomper? Is he whispering into your ear and giving you advice? Makes you his virtual sock puppet, doesn’t it?

Comment

• Should I report this comment to the new moderator or are you still the moderator dodge? I see you have adopted one of franklin's favorite terms, surely you can be more creative than this being that you are more intelligent than 95% of our population.

Hi kestrel nice to see you. Check your inbox I sent you a message.

Comment

• Originally posted by dodge View Post
                      Hi Kestrel. You wrote that the “diatribe” concerning Shepherds Chapel/Arnold Murray has been exhausted; and that all that’s left is for you, as a student of SC/AM, to defend against detraction. I haven’t seen any lately.

You came back after a three and a half month absence, bumped a thread that’s been dead for two and a half months, announced that you were about to “rush onto the battlefield,” that you were getting private messages from Smyrna, and then complained about the moderation.

What happened, did Smyrna send you a summons to take his place as the interim detractor stomper? Is he whispering into your ear and giving you advice? Makes you his virtual sock puppet, doesn’t it?

Dodge,

Due to your self imposed state of separation from the super set of the bourgeoisie, there's this little social convention that may have slipped your awareness called "consensus". It's when 2 or more people agree on a common point. FYI- It requires a partner other than oneself (there's more than one word for that).

To show grace under pressure, you may address me using "VSP" in place of "virtual sock puppet". This will economize on "Le Diatribe' ". There may be an abject, denial issue here by someone- sure hope it's not me. Otherwise, I would have to conclude that there is a concerted intent to provoke.

To end, we're full up on conundrums these days- just received a huge shipment, still in boxes (and) if someone is whispering in your ear, then dollars to donuts it's the devil. There IS a relationship here.

Speaking of conundrums, I forgot this is all wasted.

Expletive, expletive, expletive....

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                        Should I report this comment to the new moderator or are you still the moderator dodge? I see you have adopted one of franklin's favorite terms, surely you can be more creative than this being that you are more intelligent than 95% of our population.

Hi kestrel nice to see you. Check your inbox I sent you a message.
                        Greeting returned Shadowcat,

I don't get out of the house much these days! Seriously, it's been an epidemic in my world these days, and a major distraction is what the doctor had ordered for me. What better place to get medicated than FN. LOLOLOL!!

How's that Inverness Wilderness treating you folks up there this season? We have had a record 130 year dry one. Not even a couple inches of snow here. It's been surreal.

I'll check for that message. Is it possible you have a lead to where Smyrna is? I'm sure it's here on the forum, but getting back up to speed is a challenge with my inability to stay focused on the task.

BTW, I saw your posts on the atheist thread afterwards. Really good work there!

Soon.....

Comment

• Yes I just saw your posts on the atheist thread too, so if you see anything in the message about that thread please note that I had not been over there yet before I wrote that message. And ditto, nice work on your part as well!

Yes I do have that lead to where smyrna is, I myself will be going over there very soon! I've been so busy.

Ahhh Inverness, such a quaint little town. I do not get up there much, I was there for a bit back in the mid 80's though. Our weather is unusually hot, it is a bit early for it to be so warm. Our winter was non existant. This all is a sign that we have a very long hot summer coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                            I see you have adopted one of franklin's favorite terms, surely you can be more creative than this being that you are more intelligent than 95% of our population.
                            In many of the higher echelons of academia, a 95%er is simply considered "good", and in no way "gifted". That occurs around an IQ of perhaps 150, give or take a few brain cells. I'm totally unqualified in this area, as should be concluded from my writings.

So Shadowcat, should we cut some slack here?

Uhm, ya, right did I here the reply!

Comment

• Dang, I better get on the ball! I have 16 more points before I am gifted again. lol

dodge thinks that atheists are more intelligent than those that believe in God, so roughly that means he is more intelligent than about 95% of the population.

Comment

• BIG UPS TO SHADOWCAT AND SAM!

(Whatever your flavor of religion is this week.)

You have made my day.

Message received!

Comment

Working...
                                X