X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School of Metaphysics

I am a former student in the School of Metaphysics, an organization that is headquartered in Missouri. It has recently become clear to me that this organization is a cult. And I am having a difficult time knowing what to do about this. I have a lot of mixed feelings about my experiences, and also about my level of involvment. I was pretty high up in the organization when I left and because of my direct actions, there were many people who became students and then became locked into the mind control and manipulation that is a part of this group. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? I'm feeling pretty gullible, guilty and angry.

Was also wondering if anyone knows of any legal groups or attorneys who will help former cult members. One of my former teachers wrote a book about me leaving. In the book she used confidential information that I had not given her permission to use. I want to know if there is anything that can be done about this.

dhyana,

I too, recently hav

dhyana,

I too, recently have left the School of Metaphysics for many reasons, some which may be similar. I would love to talk to you about this, if you would like...I am too mixed about my experiences. If you are interested, please email me at:

fuergrissaostdrauka@mail.com

Hope to hear from you....

Comment

dhyana,

I too, recently hav

dhyana,

I too, recently have left the School of Metaphysics for many reasons, some which may be similar. I would love to talk to you about this, if you would like...I am too mixed about my experiences. If you are interested, please email me at:

fuergrissaostdrauka@mail.com

Hope to hear from you....

Comment

Nobody is giving the meaning o

Nobody is giving the meaning of the MetaPhysics. Only two people are worrying about their experiences in the school of Metaphysics. The School itself is not giving the meaning of the MetaPhysics. Physics means Physical science about the materials which are open to eyes. MetaPhysics means Phisical science about the materials which are hidden and can not be seen by Naked eyes. For example we call atomic theory as metaphysics until it was included in Physics. Similarly lot of Metaphysics will become Physics in future. I hope you Know some idea about MetaPhysics.

Comment

I am currently a student in th

I am currently a student in the School of Metaphysics, and have to say after knowing the person who wrote the initial posting of this thread, quite surprised to hear her spew out what she said. For anyone reading this, the School of Metaphysics is no cult, guilty of no mind control tactics or whatever other crap she said - go to the website www.som.org (which she largely designed, by the way!) and see for yourself if we are indeed a cult. Your welcome to email myself, universalmon@yahoo.com to ask me any questions and I'll give you honest, factual answers. This person who posted this listing I'm not quite sure why she posted it. No one twisted her arm to one solitary thing in the School of Metaphysics. She in fact was quite eager to follow what was asked of her, even volunteering many projects - sometimes raising questions of those who knew her saying to her - are you sure YOU want to do this? How do YOU feel about it? I think she wanted to align herself with those in higher positions, got herself seen in a good light, elevated her own position within the organization for her own ego, and never really had a personal purpose. When you don't have a personal purpose for what you do, resentment follows. Then anger. Then, if you are so inclined, revenge. Revenge against an imagined enemy that doesn't exist. I asked this woman 6 months before she left the School of metaphysics, Hey, (person) I don't see you creating purpose, your going to quit the School - are you doing this because you really WANT to?" "Oh yes, (my name) I have it all under control" she said. The bottom line is that I wasn't the only one saying this to her. Her own fiance was saying this to her as well. I considered myself her friend, (no longer) and even gave her significant financial assistance in helping her set up her computer business by buying for her over $1500 worth of computer equipment when she didn't have a dime to spend on it. I now regret that choice. I didn't really know who I was helping, nor did I know what lies and destructive, rather psycho behavior she is capable of. I think she is a cult unto herself. Beware of befriending this individual, she is a venemous snake that will stab you in the back when you least expect it.

Suggestion: you need to forgive, and move on - you are trying to besmirch and drag down the perception and reputation of a really great organization - your building some nasty karma for youself. What goes around, comes around.

Comment

Hi Universalmon, I have to you

Hi Universalmon, I have to your site and read the Universal laws. I hope a similar concept based on my experience as an individual I request you to go through the link below which is also a MetaPhysics and then send your comments. The link is "http://www.tnpwdwro.org/god.htm"
            Yours,
            mksugumaran
            from India

Comment

Hi Universalmon, How do you fe

Hi Universalmon, How do you feel the MetaPhysics in the above link posted by me. Is it not understood. I hope it may be turning your head. It is only a lite=version of Metaphysics. The original version will be about a book of some 2500 pages. Are you thinking it is a theory of mad? Even then it is OK? Why don't you some questions or clarifications in General? Being a student in the School of MetaPhysics You are interested in blaming a ex-students who has gone out of your school and not interested in Metaphysics. Yours, mksugumaran

Comment

I am a new student at the Scho

I am a new student at the School of Metaphysics. I would like to hear your experiences and examples of why you classify this as a cult. I would like to know what I am getting myself into. Thanks for your help.

Comment

hi, i used to be a member of t

hi, i used to be a member of the school of metaphysics but left after a couple of months because of the odd behavior and practices of the teachers and students i was observing. they basically expected me to drop everything in my life and devote myself to the school. i was reprimanded once by one of the teachers and "drs" because i wore pants to a workshop instead of a long skirt. as students we were basically expected to submit to our teachers and do exactly as they told us, despite the fact that we were grown adults. the teachers were people who did not have lives outside of the school and were always pushing a future for us as teachers, i went to weekend at their college and it ws just freaky the way they worshiped the head dr. guy and his wife, i forget their names. the way they would react and respond when you would ask them questions did not sit well with me. i could go on and on. i don't know, i just had a funny feeling that something wasn't right, and it wasn't. after i left i realized how lucky i was to have gotten out of there. they dispayed blatant "cult" like behavior. i told my teacher that i was leaving the school in order to devote more attention college studies and he totally freaked out, he was furious and made me feel horrible for doing so and interestingly enough i spoke to one of my old classmates soon after and the same thing happened with her. he was so agressive and not like the person he apeared to be in the classroom. that school is so messed up. when you get that feeling that something isn't right, please pay attention to it. it's your intuition looking out for your best interests.}

Comment

also, they claim to be so conc

also, they claim to be so concerned with doing what is best for mankind, or better for the whole, yet this knowledge and wisdom they possess, that will supposedly make our lives so much better, is available only at a cost. what the hell is that about? so the poor are s.o.l. when it comes to enlightenment? ugh, i feel so dirty for ever being a part of that. i recently almost got swept away with that whole ramtha and what the bleep movie. thank god for the internet, reasearch, and an inquiring mind

Comment

Hi dreamer, Are You interested

Hi dreamer, Are You interested to hear my experiences? I never classify metaphysics as Cult and it is a Science. Yours, mksugumaran

Comment

Hi, mksugumaran. Yes, I am in

Hi, mksugumaran. Yes, I am interested to hear your experiences & anyone else's experiences also. I want to hear what others have to say about the School of Metaphysics so that I may come to my own conclusions. Thanks!

Comment

Hi dreamer, I can not say anyt

Hi dreamer, I can not say anything about the School of Meta Physics. I can say about Meta Physics only. Please read the link "http://www.tnpwdwro.org/god.htm". and then go to the another Topic Named UFO/Extra Terrastials in Which I shared some of experiences. Other wise you ask any questions or clarification on the presentation in the above link. Yours, mksugumaran

Comment

I was a student at the School

I was a student at the School of Metaphysics in 1997 - 1998. Although I am no longer associated with SOM, I count this time as one of the greatest learning experiences of my life. Not once in my time there did I feel that I was not in control of my choices, decisions, and authority. I was often asked to participate in events that conflicted with other obligations in my life and although it was clear that some were disappointed that I couldn't be present, I was never shamed or coerced into doing anything against my will. My choices were respected even when it was clear to me that my teacher and other students knew I was just being avoidant or had other things I preferred to do.
                            As for the monetary cost of being a student, I suspect that the ones who have difficulty finding $15 a week might be the same people who have difficulty finding 10 minutes a day to practice a simple concentration excercise. This weekly 'cost' is in actuality a donation to the school (which is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) organization). The teachers are not paid for their work and no one is pocketing a cent of the money brought in. When I was a student, this donation was made on an 'honor system' basis. No one was looking over my shoulder. There were weeks that I forgot to bring cash to the class and although I always made it up in the following weeks, I was never questioned.
                            However, I was the one constantly questioning the methods and practices of the school and was always given satisfactory answers. Questioning was always encouraged and that was one of the things that I really appreciated about the school. No question or doubt was considered inappropriate... and believe me, I had plenty.
                            It is truly unfortunate that some people have had bad experiences with the school and their teachers, but to equate the School of Metaphysics with a cult is absolutely ridiculous. Do a 'google' search for "cult characteristics" and you'll see that there is quite a difference.

Comment

I am a teacher in the School o

I am a teacher in the School of Metaphysics. It is unfortunate that some feel the need to blame others and attempt to besmirch and drag down others in the public out of a fear or lack of desire to look at SELF. I have compassion for all people who come into the SOM to study, and respect the choices of everyone that comes accross my path. I find in the school branch I'm in that lots of people WANT to come over to help out, because after all, it is a student run organization. And with the presence and existence of a physical building with things like utility bills, etc - we NEED the $15.00 donation. The person above saying that 'poor people are SOL' is not true. We have books you can check out from the public libraries or access any of our vast internet site for FREE. Dreamschool, you can submit a dream and we'll interpret it for FREE. Our teachers, the directors, all give out of the generosity of their hearts.

Money isn't evil, having bills to pay becuase you own a building and want donations from the students' is not bad or negative. Money is energy, and you need money and energy to create in the physical at some point. If we met in a public room in the basement of a bank building I suppose we wouldn't need to charge, but we couldn't do a host of other things as well. To the person standing in high and thick judgement of the SOM because we charge money, I say why don't you get a clue, you made a mistake with that judgement. I think the real issue is how you place value on service, or what value you place on your own personal, spiritual growth. If you have value inside yourself, you will HAVE a rather modest $15 a week for a donation. I found that my studying in the SOM I quadrupled my income! The SOM teaches prosperity and abundance!

Comment

Working...
                              X