Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think there are many in our goverment that needs to focus on GOD (JESUS ) PERSONALLY.
    and as far as the democates i dont beleive any of them they are all liars . clinton will ruin every thing and obama hussen baraka will tirn everyt hing over to the muslims for thatis what he is a t heart;.

Comment

• Truth Child, I hear you saying that you believe all Democrats are liars and that Obama is a Muslim who will turn everything over to his fellow Muslims if elected. Thank you for making your position clear so that we all know what sort of person you are.

Comment

• That is some spooky thinking, isn't it?

Comment

• PAY ATTENTION dodge!

....... the Founding Fathers is that the handful of patriots who framed the documents that gave birth to the United States of America were men who believed in a Creator, a God of Nature who didn't interfere in the world
          Totally wrong.

Read the massive evidence, Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were the only ones considered Deists by some yet they did indeed believe in an interactive, intercessory God who governed this world. It's all over their writings. Your wishful thinking does not make these men otherwise. If you were a student in class I would tell you to

PAY ATTENTION DODGE!

Comment

• You may be right, Franklin; but I haven’t finished my reading and research into this matter. I never said any of the Founding Fathers were atheists, just that some of those who framed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution did not believe in the divinity of Jesus, even if they believed in an “intercessory God.” In that respect, they were Theists, but not Christians. A list of the signers of the Declaration of Independence with their specified religions alongside their names doesn’t tell me much about their personal beliefs. I would have to get to know each of them through historical and biographical research in order to arrive at the opinion that they were all traditional Christians. I believe that I'm paying attention.

What is an “intercessory God” anyway, Franklin? Does this mean you believe that the Supreme Being of the Universe answers your prayers? How does that work? I’m really not familiar with the term.

Comment

• Just seemed you were napping

Okay. Just seemed you were napping for a spell there.

Yes, God does answer prayers. Seen it all my life. Not all prayers. And not exactly how you expect the prayer to be answered. Depends if the prayers are within God's will. Takes someone who strives for a pure heart to know what to pray for. But God doesn't always answer prayers in a showy, flashy, miraculous way. God works through humans, Christians and non Christians alike to do His will which many times is answering a believers prayer. God does work in mysterious ways that is incomprehensible to humans.

George Washington:

"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor."

September 17th, 1796

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible"

His Prayer At Valley Forge

"Almighty and eternal Lord God, the great Creator of heaven and earth, and the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ; look down from heaven in pity and compassion upon me Thy servant, who humbly prostrates myself before Thee."

"Bless O Lord the whole race of mankind, and let the world be filled with the knowledge of Thee and Thy Son, Jesus. "Of all dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens."

"To the distinguished character of a Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of a Christian."

Washington's Prayer:

"dispose us all, to do Justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility and pacific temper of mind, which were the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation."

George Washington as he resigned his commission as general of the Continental Army on December 23, 1783.

"I consider it an indispensable duty to close this last solemn act of my official life by commending the interests of our dearest country to the protection of Almighty God and those who have the superintendence of them into His holy keeping."

John Adams:

"I pray to heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that hereafter inhabit it...May none but the honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."

Thomas Jefferson often spoke of prayer, as in to the King of Holland 1807

"Distant as we are from the powers of Europe, and devoted to
              pursuits which separate us from their affairs, we still look with
              brotherly concern on whatever affects those nations, and offer
              constant prayers for their welfare."

Benjamin Franklin, age 81, at the Constitutional Convention:
              "Mr. President, the small progress we have made after four or five weeks' close attendance and continual reasonings with each other--our different sentiments on almost every question, several of the last producing as many noes as ayes--is, methinks, a melancholy proof of the imperfection of the human understanding. We indeed seem to feel our own want of political wisdom, since we have been running about in search of it. We have gone back to ancient history for models of government, and examined the different forms of those republics which, having been formed with the seeds of their own dissolution, now no longer exist. And we have viewed modern states all round Europe, but find none of their constitutions suitable to our circumstances.

In this situation of this assembly, groping, as it were, in the dark, to find political truth, and scarce able to distinguish it when presented to us, how has it happened, sir, that we have not hitherto once thought of humbly applying to the Father of lights to illuminate our understandings. In the beginning of the contest with Great Britain, when we were sensible of dangers, we had daily prayer in this room for the divine protection. Our prayers, sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending Providence in our favor. To that kind Providence we owe this happy opportunity of consulting in peace on the means of establishing our future national felicity. And have we now forgotten that powerful Friend? Or do we imagine that we no longer need his assistance?

I have lived, sir, a long time, and, the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth--that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid? We have been assured, sir, in the sacred writings, that 'Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it.'

I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without His concurring aid we shall succeed, in this political building, no better than the builders of Babel. We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded; and we ourselves shall become a reproach and by-word down to future ages. And, what is worse, mankind may hereafter, from this unfortunate instance, despair of establishing governments by human wisdom, and leave it to chance, war, and conquest.

I therefore beg leave to move that, henceforth, prayers imploring the assistance of Heaven, and its blessings on our deliberations, be held in this assembly every morning before we proceed to business, and that one or more of the clergy of this city be requested to officiate in that service."

All of America's Founding Fathers had different religious beliefs but ALL were praying men and believed in an intercessory God.

Comment

• Yea, quote-mining is fun. Adherents.com says that Alred Owen Aldridge (1915-2005), who was an expert in the life of Benjamin Franklin, called him "a confirmed Diest."

http://www.adherents.com/people/pf/B..._Franklin.html

Jon Butler, Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Yale University, in an interview with Rick Shenkman for the Learning Channel series "Myth America," said that Franklin did not believe in the divinity of Christ, but believed in the transmigration of souls, and was a Mason who may have had "occult beliefs."

http://hnn.us/articles/9144.html

According to David Morgan, author of "Benjamin Franklin: Champion of Generic Religion," Franklin was "a proponent of all religions and prayed to Powerful Goodness, and referred to God as THE INFINITE."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin

John Adams said that Franklin "was a mirror in which people saw their own religion."

Benjamin Franklin embraced some sort of polytheism, because he conceived of God having created "beings" who interfere in worldly matters, a bevy of lesser gods overseeing various realms and planets (according to Aldridge)

Comment

• Dodge: The Quakers came to this country to free themselves from a state religeon where only one single denomination held sway. We first must realize that during those times the church did a number of the duties that the governments played no part in. Many of these duties were of a nature where they took care of the majority of civic duties envolving all sorts of public projects. This in turn had them as a church envolved in just about every individuals daily lives wether they liked it or not.

This was the main objective in this battle of a state religeon. I found just now that in typing the previous sentance not to type the words seperation. This seperation of church and state wording is not present in any declorations. This in it's self is a missnommer that many activists use in their ploy to wipe God from having any exsistance in our stated declorations. Such ploys are only an effort to set themselves free from having any true moral convictions. Even in your above wording this establishment wording is directed at a state religeon, not at the establishment of religeon. On that note they shall not bar the establishment of religeon. This play on words is a ploy of miss-directed thoughts while in the act of portraying words that just flat out aren't there. Many are dooped by such ploys and insist they are spelling it all out correctly, only because they've heard these same lies for so long they now believe the lies as truths.

The founding of this nation was in many instances a liberation to practice your religeon of choice. Nothing even close to having this nation acting as a blockade of religeon as some might like it to say. This nation was founded by Christians period. There were some Jewish practioners, but aside from them you could have probably counted on one hand the number of Moslems buddists ect. ect. As there were vertually none!!!

So to say this country was not founded on Christian principles is quite a stretch. Now I do know of how the liberal mind loves to work in pointing out how Jefferson once wrote to the Barbery Coast Moslem pirates that we were not a Christian nation in hopes to have our sailer set free. Just remember his ploy didn't work as we had to sail in there and free those men on our own.

Perhaps you might have hoped it turned out different, but allas dear friend the US is a Christian nation. Though your free to worship whom ever you like, or choose not to worship any. Thank God we are a free Christian Nation because if we were not you might be forced to bow to Allah 5 times a day or loose your head!!! They torture athiest in many lands, and much worse if your a Christian!!!

DOB!

Comment

• As far as any of your above posted web sites, their all a bunch of fewey. As all are slanted against God. Perhaps the Admin. might wish to wipe such spam from this site as it's nothing but a bunch of cutt and paste.

DOB!

Comment

• Alred Owen Aldridge (1915-2005) was an atheist. This being an obvious truth, all his findings have no value to anybody other than maybe 1% of the US population who claim to be atheiests!!! As for them I'm sure they hang on every word that drules out of his mouth.

DOB!

Comment

• Dodge: If one of us posts something where a web-site has a DR. before the authors name why do you insist it be pulled down? Hey!! if it's good for the goose why not the gander????

Or is it that only your documentation is viable and all others must be removed as being (un-dodge) scientific??? Is it only Dodge who says whats viable or just exactly whats going on here???

My mind does wonder!! Hmmmm?

DOB!

Comment

• Dodge the fouding fathers are rolling over in their graves as you speak!!!

Comment

• Dobman get over it...

The founding fathers were not born again christians, nor were they followers of the serpent seed movement.

They were educated, wise and very, very careful with the choosing of their words when writing the constitution...and because of it we have free speech allowed to the likes of everyone from Howard stern to Billy Graham

The Quakers were persecuted by the christians they could not do business on certain days, they were looked down on in all areas of life..Jefferson again stepped up to the plate and spoke out for these humble people who found themselves unable to worship as they pleased here just as they did in jolly old England....

Jefferson, franklin, hamilton and others would have been appalled by the religious right of today, Robertson, Dobson and the late Falwell ..people who think this is a nation that should be run strictly by born again, spiritfilled men in suits...

dobman if only 1% of the population is atheist what the heck are you so nervious about-why do they bother you so much? Don't worry I don't expect much from this guy..the only time he seems to want to talk to a woman around here is when he's flirting or belittling stage director....
                            Last edited by Night_Light; 06-26-2008, 04:19 AM. Reason: condensed

Comment

• At no time in history has man ever ruled over himself correctly. This one of many faults can't be laid at the foot of Christianity alone. As men are forever flaud as back then till even today. Remember were all just men and nothing but men, we've all messed up each and every one of us. Some more some less but only as us being men will we continue in our quest to one day get it right. With the help from God we will one day all succeed.

DOB!

Comment

• Funny how you popped in all of a sudden. Hmmmmm?

Comment

Working...
                                X