X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama vs. Mc

It seems easy to dig up "dirt" on any candidate today. A sad state of affairs, indeed. I think it is very important for people to understand the connection between 8 year old Obama and Ayers, don't you?

Generally speaking, as much as I think that McCain is a decent American, he appears to me to be a much better follower, "soldier", than a leader. There is no way he would have picked Palin unless it was sold to him as the best marketing move they could come up with. It seems to me that she appears weaker and weaker everytime she makes a public appearance. Obviously, without going into details as to the supporting evidence that this is the case, I think 8 years of having a President that cannot speak publicly and is the laughing stock of the educated world is enough. McCain appears to be a bumbling old man and Palin is a folksy soccer mom who knows how to wrinkle her nose at exactly the right time, blow her bangs out of her eyes and wink. How endearing. I just cannot imagine someone like her out there doing the Vice Presidents work.

Obama and Biden, although with faults of their own, seem much more able to present to the world, for the first time in 8 years, an intelligent and pragmatic leadership. I think the ability to speak, get a message across is one of the most important tools that a President should make use of. It has been 8 years since we have had that and I do not think we can stand another 8.

I admire and thank McCain for his past military experience, but that alone does not mean that he will make a good President. A good VP maybe, by not a leader by any means.

Palin, as I see he as she appears on the debates, is clueless. She even had the arrogance to state something to the effect of, "I will not answer the questions as they are put to me", and people put up with that. What a turn off.

Oh well. What is truly sad, people might just be taken in again. People get what they deserve.

Anyone ever wonder why we are not allowed to vote on weekends? Most of the civilized countries of the world do.

Anyone ever wonder why we are not allowed to vote on weekends?
    I imagine it has something to do with the availability of poll workers and civil servants. Until the past few decades most of America except for retail, hospitality, farming and necessary public services was pretty much shut down over the weekends. The rules were probably made many years ago.

Comment

"In 1845, before Florida, California, and Texas were states or slavery had been abolished, Congress needed to pick a time for Americans to vote. We were an agrarian society. We traveled by horse and buggy. Farmers needed a day to get to the county seat, a day to vote, and a day to get back, without interfering with the three days of worship. So that left Tuesday and Wednesday, but Wednesday was market day. So, Tuesday it was. In 1875 Congress extended the Tuesday date for national House elections and in 1914 for federal Senate elections.

Today, we are an urban society, and we all know how hard it is to commute to our jobs, take care of the children, and get our work done, let alone stand on lines to vote. Indeed, Census data over the last decade clearly indicates that the inconvenience of voting is the primary reason Americans are not participating in our elections."

It only makes sense to move the voting day to both weekend days. Why would anyone not want everyone to vote? Why not make voting more accessible to everyone? Hmmmmmm.

Comment

Clueless = 700 Billion Dollar Bailout + Iraqi War = 10 Billion Dollars per month for at least the next 18 month + 890 Billion Dollars in Social Spending soaking Taxpayers to get it

That's Clueless!

Comment

Not being allowed to vote on a weekend is of little concern to me. Not being allowed to hear other candidates take part in this duocracy of corporate toadies is.
          Ralph Nader is on the ballet in 45 states and 5 state parties played games to keep him off. He looks like 6% this time without one major station covering his campaign once or allowing him to debate. What are they afraid of?
          This country used to keep people from voting because of colour, gender or income. Now 6 out of 100 americans are being kept out because of independant thinking beyond the sound bites.

Comment

i don't think there will be an election.

Comment

i don't think there will be an election.
              Care to elaborate?

Comment

Care to elaborate?
                http://www.factnet.org/vbforum/showthread.php?t=12555

Comment

Is that not enough information for you SD?

Comment

Such a sad display to see a dedicated soldier like McCain appear so unsure of himself, mumbling and bumbling through his lines. We do not need another spokesperson for the US who cannot even string a sentence together. All one has to do is see what the presidency has done to the aging of Bush to know that the presidency will kill McCain. Then what do we end up with, Palin? OMG. Now that is scary.

Comment

The Silent Horror

Here's a snapshot of who stands where on many of the issues:
                      http://wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=5386

Sadly, the majority of Americans today have demonstrated they care about money above everything, as the saying goes "America votes its pocketbook". However, the vast majority of Americans still classify themselves as Bible-believing Christians, although the Bible declares "For the love of money is the root of all evil" (I Tim. 6:10a), and Christ said "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon" (Matt. 6:24, Luke 16:13).

When those in power are not accountable to any standard, ‘might’ becomes ‘right’, as in the case of the innocent unborn. In so-called ‘Democratic’ countries or not, tens of millions of innocents have been tortured and killed by being sliced apart or chemically burned/poisoned in their mother’s womb with no escape, justified by the evolutionary, godless lie that they are not human until they physically emerge from the mother. From God’s perspective, all nations are guilty, drowning under this raging torrent of innocent blood. Even though it is medically and genetically indefensible, the world increasingly practices mass murder today, and it is a direct result of rejecting God’s truth in favor of the cult of evolution.

Political parties and money aside, quite a few years ago I made up my mind I was never going to vote for anyone again who approves of torturing and murduring defenseless infants, including the hideous practice of partial-birth abortion, and thereby not share responsibility for this ongoing mass genocide. If all candidates support this practice, I vote for none of them. For me, and I hope for all people who consider themselves Christians at least, this life and death issue is the most important, not money.
                      Last edited by searchlight86; 10-14-2008, 04:08 AM.

Comment

In the last 20 years, 129 bombings have been directed at american citizens, the Olympics, a gay bar and a federal building.American lives were lost ( including children), people maimed.
                        And who were these terrorists? Were they evil moslems with Hussein as a middle name?

No, they were ALL white american males, including Timothey McViegh and Eric Rudolph. The targets were family family clinics, the McMurray building in Oklahoma and the Altlanta Olympics.

They were all----Christians who voted republican.
                        Last edited by orthodox; 10-14-2008, 05:45 AM.

Comment

uh..... you conveniently left out Theodore Kaczynski, you know like in the "unabomber". LEFTIST MURDERER!

uh, oh yeah, WILLIAM AYERS, Obama's friend and LEFTIST MURDERER! After the 9/11 terrorist attack where thousands were murdered he said "I don't regret setting bombs" and "I feel we didn't do enough".

And William Ayers wife and another Obama supporter.. Bernadette Dohrn, another LEFTIST MURDERER!

GIVE IT UP! Your latest attempt to smear McCain won't wash! Obama and his murderer leftist friends are damn dangerous!

Comment

And how do you feel about Cindy McCain's 100 million with an M dollars being deposited in a offshore, Caymen islands bank so it can't be taxed?

That isn't economic terrorism and cowardise while millions of americans finance a 100 years war while our infrasturcture is falling apart?

McCain voting against a new G.I. bill is the act of a good shipmate?

McCain shacking up with Cindy for 4 months until he filed for divorce from the loyal wife who waited for him, kept a horrific accident secret so as not to add to his prison worries? Nancy and Ronnie were SO unfair ostracising him after that, don't you agree?

I just love Family Values, don't you?

Comment

No one is 'clean', but it is interesting how the conversation quickly turned back to money instead of torture and slaughter on a mass scale, isn't it?

Some issues should not be compromised, for any party, at any cost.
                              Last edited by searchlight86; 10-14-2008, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X