X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the film will add some

I think the film will add some understanding of gays to our culture, which will be a good thing.

The tragedy of gays marrying women to hide their sexuality or to be accepted by a homophobic culture, is certainly told in the film, and I hope this results in less family tragedy. formermaranathapastor wrote this.
    First of all, how can this movie, which portrays lying, cheating and going against God, add any kind of understanding to anything?
    Lev 5:3 Or if he touch the uncleanness of man, whatsoever uncleanness [it be] that a man shall be defiled withal, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth [of it], then he shall be guilty
    Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.
    What more do you need people? If you are a believer in Jesus Christ and God the Father, what more do you need? I am not saying we need to shun or be mean to homosexual people, but we do need to educate them on the facts. This whole movie is nothing more than an agenda being pushed through by hollywood to try and make people more sucseptable to a godless lifestyle.
    I know there are those out there who believe they can get to heaven and still be gay. Personally, if they have accepted Jesus in their heart as Lord and Savior, then yes I believe they can go to heaven. But what of their life here on earth? Do you think it will be easy for them as they fly in the face of God? No! They'll get to heaven, but will smell like smoke when they get there.

Comment

and don't go there with me

and don't go there with me that Jesus forgives all. Did Jesus not say that He did not come to change the law but to add to it? How can a decree handed down from God to Moses be just forgotten by Jesus? Like I said earler, I don't think a gay person needs to be bashed, beaten or persecuted. I do believe they need to know the truth of God. How living their lifestyle is damnation to their soul. All my growing up years were spent with a bigot of a step father, so I, accordingly, picked up his bigot ways. I have renounced those ways as I grow in Christ. So I say this with love and compassion in my heart. Please, if you are living a gay or lesbian lifestyle, bend your knees to the Father and He will run to you. If you never have or don't know how, ask me and I'll guide you through. I am not pushing an agenda here. I am only hoping another lost and scared soul will come to know Jesus.

Comment

dondi wrote "Lev 18:22 Tho

dondi wrote "Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.
        What more do you need people?

you forgot some other things....Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 N )If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

More Murder Rape and Pillage slavery (Deuteronomy 20:10-14) As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

you live by a book of Lie's and hate

Comment

"Yes, we are all sinners,

"Yes, we are all sinners, and come short of the glory of God, and not just in matters of sexuality., homo or hetero.."
          eg Look in the eyes of a homeless person and you will see your own sin reflected.

Comment

We do have a matter of choice.

We do have a matter of choice.
            I will watch Pride and Prejudice while others watch Bareback Mountain.

Comment

Yes I agree that we have a cho

Yes I agree that we have a choice. But there are some so steeped in sin that they do not realize that they have a choice. A choice to step out of sin and into salvation, pure and holy. Movies like this glamourize the fact that a minor sect can try and hoodwink others into thinking that it is ok to live this type of "lifestyle". Hollywood has tried for years to glamourize the gay and lesbian lifestyle, and that is all they are trying to do here. I suppose the question will be asked if a gay person can go to heaven. Why, yes they can. They can if they have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. But what kind of life will they live here on earth? Not one of salt and light is for sure. You can only fly into the Face of God so many times before He swats you back down, disease, loss of friends, etc.. Wise up folks! Do you see gay people out there working for the Lord? No you don't. You see them pushing their lifestyle agendas as the norm. I can't help it, I was born that way. RUBBISH! You made a choice and when you did you put one foot into hell. Want to know how to get it out, or would you rather drop the other foot in?

Comment

dONDI- You must not know any

dONDI- You must not know any gay, lesbian or transgendered folk because they are just like everyone else, they have families, jobs, hopes, dreams, charge accounts, debts, etc. etc. There are many, many very happy gays in long term relationships who are doing just fine. God cares alot more about us loving our neighbors than He/she does about whom we sleep with.

The tragedy of BM was the fact they both felt they HAD to marry women to "appear" right with the culture when the best thing for them would have been to be with each other without the guilt perpetrated by the church. The guilt and shame is the regretful thing, not being gay.

And by the way, do you really think a loving God would establish an eternal torture chamber for those who do not speak your magic words??

Comment

Hola, My name is George and I

Hola, My name is George and I have a lot of thoughts on this concerning matter.
                  I believe the Holy Spirit directed me to buy a book at a church that I visited this week.
                  It is a little book and it is a good one with clear thoughts and the right scriptures.

I will tell you the name at the end of this post if anyone wants to get a copy.
                  It doesn't matter if you have dreams and a bank account and all of that sir.
                  Marilyn Manson who is not going to Heaven has all of those things si?
                  Those men who are coaches or priests who molest little boys or girls these have all of these things in the temporal life. What you said is just a defense. You are also guilt tripping Christians and spreading things that are not truths.

For one I do know and believe that God really loves every gay person and every transgendered and lesbian. I also know that if they continue in that kind of sin and lifestyles they cannot get into Heaven and they will go to Hell.

It is a great grief and they do have some places and avenues for deliverance. This new movie is going to hurt children and families and the people in many places in the world. It is possibly the worst movie ever made in all of the time of any movies. I can only cry and ask all those I care for to keep away from it. It does not give us understanding-what it gives everyone is lies and lusts. It's good that the actor broke his nose for the evil and perverted kiss.

The name of the book is this -The Facts on Homosexuality and it is by Mr. John
                  Ankerberg and Mr. John Weldon. It has the scriptures and the gay statements both.
                  In the back there are names of other very good books some are best sellers to.
                  Another good book that you can read is-A Strong Delusion by Mr. Joe Dallas.

You have to choose the Lord and His truths -above- those dreams and ideas from gay or lesbian couples. You have to also realize that they lie and they lie a lot.
                  If more Christians post here the Lord can be glorified si? Do not be unkind to a gay person- but do not accept lies and delusions.

Adios
                  George Who Loves His Wonderful Wife

Comment

You say that God would have us

You say that God would have us love our neighbors. You are correct Seņor, but not entirely because the Lord says to love Him first and also above everything or anyone else. In the book that I recommended it tells you of the sins specifically of Sodom and how the gay culture tries to change the meaning of everything. It is not just an opinion or an arguement they give us, it is the history and the original Bible texts. The sin is also talked about in the New Testament not just in the old. Jesus was the one who changed the eye for eye and hand cut off for stealing with His love. But the Bible says straight that homosexuals cannot go to Heaven. You must stop the lying.

For you to say the other poster, that Jesus was gay because of the head on the bosom is a lie. This was what men did then and they kissed on each cheek. People were very close in some ways like the women holding hands and friends or relatives resting the head on the lap of someone. This is what I mean when I say don't believe their lies and the delusions.

Adios
                    George the Metrosexual

Comment

astoundinggeorgesays Do not be

astoundinggeorgesays Do not be unkind to a gay person- but do not accept lies and delusions.
                      I do agree with this statement.
                      I don't agree with this one though. "For one I do know and believe that God really loves every gay person and every transgendered and lesbian. I also know that if they continue in that kind of sin and lifestyles they cannot get into Heaven and they will go to Hell"
                      I believe if a person truly repents of sin, accepts Christ as Lord and Savior andbelieves Jesus died and rose again will get into heaven. They may smell like smoke from the fires of hell when they get there but5 they'll be there. Their temperal life( life on earth ) will not be one of happiness but of sadness and despair. Why do you thik aids came into effect? More sinfull hetrosexualls spread it around than homosexuals, but in the end it is nothing more than payment due for a life of sin.

Comment

Changing one's sex, or liv

Changing one's sex, or living in the gender opposite from birth, is really a life decision by a person. The Bible has no comment on this one way or the other.

Arron- You wonder why such a one does not attend church? maybe its because instead of receiving love and acceptance from the members, they receive judgment? The conservative church is really messed up on this issue.

Comment

no one is special
                          we are all

no one is special
                          we are all meant to transcend
                          no one is special
                          we will all die of boredom
                          no one is special
                          some do find a way out
                          no one is special
                          erase your-self
                          no one is special

(Message edited by false_prophet_detector on February 20, 2006)

Comment

You know, it is very sad when

You know, it is very sad when this kind of topic can draw fools and critics alike to try and soak this topic with their type of humor. I started this topic because I find it disturbing that the Christian world hasn't taken offense to this lewd and unbiblical movie. Yes, I know movies are generally fairy tales, there to amuse us. I believe though that this movie is the starting of an already ripe agenda to placate the gay and lesbian lifestyle as more than it is. It is a lifestyle steeped in sin. Carried out by the devil to mock Jesus Christ. When God said that man shall leave his mother and cleave to his wife, well, man's wife was not named Steve.
                            I have to agree with arron that " false_prophet_dtector" is a fool.
                            Also, if the bible has no say on sex change operations, then is it ok to rob a bank, rape a woman? I can't recall this being in the bible either. Do you honestly think that men and women did not have these satanic feelings during biblical times? I am sure they did, but they had no way to act on them. There were no banks and no doctors to cut your penis off. Like I said, it's sad, very sad.

Comment

I AM a humerous fool. you sir

I AM a humerous fool. you sir are a serious asse

Comment

Robbing a bank? Thou shalt no

Robbing a bank? Thou shalt not steal.
                                Rape a woman? Thou shalt not commit adultery.
                                Sex-change- Nothing said.

If one considers cosmetic surgery alright, one has to believe that sex changes are fine, and it is up to the person and God. It is not our affair.

That is one of the problems with the church today, the inquisition mentality of telling people what to do and saying God hates their sin. The problem is that folks like that never mention their sin, just other's sin.

If you are so against Brokeback then maybe you need to volunteer at an AIDS hospice, instead of shouting your judgement. How will you LOVE in this situation?

Comment

Working...
                                X