X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is more to 'love&#39

There is more to 'love' than wrapping your arms around someone. Reproof and instruction is an act of love as well. To show someone in the word of God, where they err, is to do so out of love for their soul. To tell someone their homosexuality is okay/acceptable, when you know better, is to lead a soul astray, and is contrary to the word of God.

The bible still says that homosexuality is an abomination.

What's debateable about that?

Comment

Plenty. You have just listene

Plenty. You have just listened to the interpretations of others and have not sought the truth for yourself.
      God is much more interested in us loving our neighbor than in who we sleep with.

Comment

I don't listen to the inte

I don't listen to the interpretations of others, as you imply. You accuse in error.

I listen to the Word of God....I long ago stopped listening to the judgements of man, who on any given day, can change their mind, dependant upon the direction the wind blows.

The Word of God..the only TRUE authority....says that homosexuality is an abomination. Period. It also says that a fool despiseth reproof (or instruction, depending which translation you are privy to).

I stick by what I said above.

Comment

The Bible is a book which has

The Bible is a book which has great spiritual significance in our world. It is not a book to be taken literally, and used to judge others and demonize them.

I do not believe in a God who would create an eternal torture chamber for those who did not utter the magic words.

I believe in a God who loves, and who shows us how to love each other, and ourselves.

Comment

Oh...okay.

Then you don&#39

Oh...okay.

Then you don't believe in the God of the Bible, but some other version.

Well.....

if it makes you feel better.

Comment

It is a book, not the God you

It is a book, not the God you seek to serve.

The key is found in Love, not in the infallible written word.

Comment

The "infallible written wo

The "infallible written word" as you put it is what you say it is. It is the infallible, disreputable Word of God. Written by men, dictated by God. If you are looking for the love of God then where is a better place to look? All the chances He has given us, all the promises He has done for us, all written down for us to read and meditate on. What more do you want? Are we supposed to rely on a man to translate for us like the Jews did for the gentiles? Lose our own language and rely on someone else to show us what love is? Yeah right! That's pretty much how any cult can start.

Comment

One more thing. You said "

One more thing. You said "I do not believe in a God who would create an eternal torture chamber for those who did not utter the magic words."
                  Would those majic words be the acceptance of Christ?

Comment

Dondi- The key is that there

Dondi- The key is that there are no magic words that we can utter. It is a thing of the heart.

Uttering the words "I accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior and Lord" mean absolutely nothing unless the heart says it is so.

And it is the desire of the heart to worship a man named Jesus, or what He was trying to teach us while he was here in the flesh? He was trying to teach us to love, and to transcend the temporal things and look and move and behave in the things eternal.

He tried to move His disciples away from His worship. When he Said. "I and my Father are one...He does the works," He was saying that look to no Man , but look to the eternal things of the Spirit.

By looking at Jesus as a God to be worshiped is exactly what He did not want.

Look to love in your heart. And consider that same God of love is in your brother or sister. And then you have found God's love.

Bless you

Comment

you should read the bible for

you should read the bible for yourself.
                      actually do what jesus says(not just spout it everywhere like a holy ghost filled water sprinkler)and stop living in judgement which only limits your own life, not others(except the ones you think god put you over in your own house. those you can ruin and scare to live a holy just and judgemental life.) i dont give a crap what you do, and thats what you hate about nonprofessors unlike yourself we dont care about what others do we realize that it is enough to care about ourselves(more than enough)and if we are lucky we might see some magic along the way.
                      you on the other hand go around complaining about this and complaining about that never seeing that life is completely beautiful and powerful every moment. All you see is the negative and instead of realizing that people are as real as you are and are going through there own struggles, trials, trubulations, challenges, instead you see a sinner that needs to be punished with brimstone to purge his evil ways.

well dondi&#40;dondi&#41; since your without sin cast the first goshdarn, stinking, stone already were getting board of your rantings. they obviously stem from a holy and pure center of being. so bring it on OH MIGHTY ARCHANGEL <font color="808080">DONDI</font>

Comment

come on admit it dondi your la

come on admit it dondi your lame and you know it
                        instead of trying to come up with your own theorys of god the source
                        you bought someone elses. so easy this way eigh
                        dont have to think for yourself&#40;what a cop out&#41;
                        man and its scary your actually ready to die for your belief&#40; wake up buddy god isnt that mad&#41; it is you who are mad
                        and you can let it go

Comment

Oh I guess I&#39;m whooped. I

Oh I guess I&#39;m whooped. I suppose I&#39;ll just fade away like the evening light. WRONG! If you don&#39;t believe in what I believe, that is fine. God gave you that right when He gave you free will. But, believe me, I am in no way casting the first stone. Am I without sin? I don&#39;t think so. If I was then why would it upset me when you defame me and yes I want to say bad things about you folks too, but I won&#39;t.
                          False says I go around complaining about this and that and never seeing life as beautifull as it is. Sorry bud, got it wrong again.
                          Am I gonna change my way of thinking because a few people who feel sorry for homosexuals want to rant and rave on how it seems to be ok to have this lifestyle? How can anything that does not glorify God be good? How can a movie depicting two gay men who leave their wives &#40;sanctity of marriage here&#41; and hole up in a cabin to go against God&#39;s will be good?

Comment

god&#40;the source from which

god&#40;the source from which ALL things come&#41;never gave me or you anything more than a chance to have a chance to see infinity with our own perception.
                            of course we can do anything with this chance that we want. that is free will.
                            but since your ideas of reality are limited to a book, you will never see that having sex with a woman can be just as depleting to ones energy as having sex with a man.
                            having sex in general usually creates attachment to the object of desire.
                            life isnt about being good, having sex with a woman, getting blessings.
                            life is about learning.
                            and when you stop yourself from learning cause what you believe, you stop growing.
                            this world is infinitely unfathomable and no book is going to nail it for you.
                            you have to challenge yourself, push the envelope, to brake your own barriers of perception.
                            by the way i welcome the bad things that you want to say but dont have the courage.
                            you cant touch me with words.

Comment

You know what False? You are a

You know what False? You are a fool. You actually are comparing having sex with a woman; which is biblicly correct if in marriage form; to having sex with a man, which is against anything God ever had man write down.
                              Life isn&#39;t about getting blessings either? What are we to do then, just sit around and wallow in self pity about the hardships we recieve?
                              I never have said either that I have stopped learning. I learn more and more of this ole world everyday. You just have to filter out the filfth in life to see the good things God has to offer us. Perhaps you should try this and get a better outlook on life there buddy.

Comment

You know what False? You are a

You know what False? You are a fool. You actually are comparing having sex with a woman; which is biblicly correct if in marriage form; to having sex with a man, which is against anything God ever had man write down.
                                Life isn&#39;t about getting blessings either? What are we to do then, just sit around and wallow in self pity about the hardships we recieve?
                                I never have said either that I have stopped learning. I learn more and more of this ole world everyday. You just have to filter out the filfth in life to see the good things God has to offer us. Perhaps you should try this and get a better outlook on life there buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X