X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies with Impact

What do you guys thin will be the long standing impact of this film? Myself, I believe it can damage christianity by trying to show that it is ok to be gay, leave your wife and children and hole up in a cabin with your gay cowboy lover

And this has what to do with &

And this has what to do with "Religious cults and Sects"?

Comment

who says it wrong?

who says it wrong?

Comment

Dondi

Do you seriously thin

Dondi

Do you seriously think one movie will destroy people's faith in their religion?

I remember people protesting the movie The Last Temptation of Christ years ago for similar reasons. Christianity managed to survive it then. I have no doubt they will weather the "storm" again.

Comment

I think this film may be confu

I think this film may be confusing for teenagers because their sexual orientation is in the major process of developing. Further confusion may be caused by the outstanding artistry of the directing, cinematography, and screenwriting.
          Christians need to keep up with the art world and do outstanding work that gives the Gospel message in a way that speaks to the heart..

Comment

If you are not a Christian you

If you are not a Christian you will be confused by my statements. If you are interested in learning about Christ and his teachings I suggest reading the book of John in the New Testamant.

Comment

I think the film will add some

I think the film will add some understanding of gays to our culture, which will be a good thing.

The tragedy of gays marrying women to hide their sexuality or to be accepted by a homophobic culture, is certainly told in the film, and I hope this results in less family tragedy.

Also keep in mind that at the end of the film, one of the gays was dead, and the other one was miserable. This reflects the struggle that gays go through for acceptance, but does not reflect the present truth that most gay and lesbian couples are happily together, some with families.

And the love story between the 2 men is told with desparation, but also with caring and love. And that is the way gays are, they fall in love, care for one another, and love each other just like straights do.

So I hope the film will serve to lessen the culture's obsessive fear of gay and lesbian relationships.

Comment

Salvation is the most serious

Salvation is the most serious of matters.
                Do you know anything about it?
                Humor is great too, I agree, but as the poster above says, the gay lifestyle is a struggle, ( however, i believe as much now as it ever was) and the message of this film IS very serious.

Comment

the reason gays have such a st

the reason gays have such a struggle is because of heart-less religious people who think they know best for all.. if your so right about god and gay's don't worry about it.. your god will take care of it, not you.

Comment

zxcvbnm

[i]the reason gays

zxcvbnm

the reason gays have such a struggle is because of heart-less religious people who think they know best for all.. if your so right about god and gay's don't worry about it.. your god will take care of it, not you.

I think we should get rid of all hetrosexuals, then gays would be truly happy...for one generation.

Comment

i think homoerotic is a perfec

i think homoerotic is a perfect fit for lookatall.. you can read it in his post's.. it's OK lookatall you can come out of the closet..we wont judge you like you do to others..

Comment

now-what ..what are you trying

now-what ..what are you trying to say

Comment

You sound like an expert.

You sound like an expert.

Comment

Yes, there is some room for th

Yes, there is some room for this movie to change attitudes in a positive way. Too many churches go 10 times as hard on Gays, in order to make themselves look good for their looseness on Divorce & Remarriage, they are hypocrites. They are also ignorant of their own Bibles, which places love between two men on a very high plane, "passing the love of women." 2 Sam. 1:26 -- I think some Christians are embarrassed by this.

I am not at all saying they had sex, but the greatest love of Jesus' life was John, the beloved disciple, who leaned his head on Jesus' bosom (John 13:23). The New Testament also commands believing men to kiss their brethren, but that is dismissed and disregarded by modern English Christianity. The rest of Brokeback Mtn. is no different than any other Hollywood movie about cheating etc. Really nothing to fear from it, and I think God may even be able to use it for good.

Comment

I seem to have raised some raw

I seem to have raised some raw emotions, sorry for any that have suffered here and sorry you seem to have misunderstood my thoughts.
                              Yes, we are all sinners, and come short of the glory of God, and not just in matters of sexuality., homo or hetero..

Comment

Working...
                              X